Bellator 180: Chael vs Wandy

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

My mate who hasn't watched MMA in years has been sucked back in for this on the strength of Wandy and Fedor being involved. Anyone know when we're getting this on Spike over here? I know it won't be not on live, how long is the delay? 

No way I'm waiting for Spike myself. I can't go back to the Bravo days. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So incredibly fight week is here, and as of this time of writing, Sonnen vs Silva is still a go. I've not actually given this fight any thought whatsoever as I've just not been confident enough to believe it to happen. However, I'm now starting to believe (ever so slightly anyway). 

• Paid Members

Wanderlei Silva in the heyday...

Yeah he's had an embarrassingly shit few years but fuck everyone. This man made me an MMA fan. I've got too many fond memories of watching him kneeing faces off. He'd have to break in and Thai clinch my mum or something for me to hate him. I've missed the daft cunt. The Stann fight seems like a lifetime ago when you think of everything that's happened since 2013. Fuck, when Wandy last fought Conor McGregor was still a month away from even debuting in the UFC. Now he's boxing Floyd Mayweather. 

• Paid Members

Wanderlei made a lot of people fans. Back in the day, i was discovering MMA by myself i was always trying to turn other people onto the sport and the guy i'd always show people was Wanderlei. He was the one fighter that summed up the violence that is initially the appeal for many people.

• Paid Members

I'm surprised Wanderlei is leading in the poll. I was sure Chael would be almost landsliding this. As shit as he looked against Tito, I still think Chael wins this. Wandy by KO is what I want but that's only going to happen if either a) Chael chooses to stand with him (breaking news...he won't) or b) Chael is forced to stand with him, which I can't see Wand managing for long. Add in that Wand's coming off FOUR YEARS on the shelf and it's a recipe for a very lopsided defeat for him. Chael only gets beat down by guys he can't wrestle, and Wand is someone I think he can wrestle. 

Archived