Bellator 180: Chael vs Wandy

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

Considering both fighters have been randomly drug tested, I think there's a strong chance neither will have a choice whether they turn up or not. 

You make it sound like they're obligated to fight no matter what. All Silva has to do is point out an injury, one he probably genuinely has, to be fair, and he doesn't have to fight at all. Which is what I expect to happen. I'll believe this fight is going ahead when they're actually in the cage and the bell goes.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Noah Southworth said:

You make it sound like they're obligated to fight no matter what. All Silva has to do is point out an injury, one he probably genuinely has, to be fair, and he doesn't have to fight at all. Which is what I expect to happen. I'll believe this fight is going ahead when they're actually in the cage and the bell goes.

What on earth are you talking about?

Both fighters (as mentioned on the recent media call) have submitted random drug tests. Given both their history, they more than likely will both fail it, and have their NYSAC license revoked. Perhaps you missed that point?

3 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

What on earth are you talking about?

I said I don't think Silva ever intended to show up and fight Sonnen. You then responded with a statement about drug testing that implied they have no choice over whether they show up or not. I countered that argument with a way Silva could get out of the fight if he wanted to. That is what I am talking about.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Noah Southworth said:

I said I don't think Silva ever intended to show up and fight Sonnen. You then responded with a statement about drug testing that implied they have no choice over whether they show up or not. I countered that argument with a way Silva could get out of the fight if he wanted to. That is what I am talking about.

See my edited post above.

I also initially wasn't responding to your post, I would put it in a quote if I was. 

1 minute ago, lambyUK said:

See my edited post above.

I wasn't responding to your post, I would put it in a quote if I was. 

Your post still implies they have no choice but to show up and fight. Which was the original question that was asked. Not about whether they will turn up for drug testing. Perhaps that is a point you missed?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Noah Southworth said:

Your post still implies they have no choice but to show up and fight. Which was the original question that was asked. Not about whether they will turn up for drug testing. Perhaps that is a point you missed?

As mentioned though, that wasn't what I was implying. I can see why you could possibly think that, as it can read both ways mind.

My point is that irrespective of whether Silva no shows or not, it's more than likely going to be a moot point because he's more than likely failing the random drug test he's already submitted, and having that choice of no showing taken out of his hands. 

1 minute ago, lambyUK said:

My point is that irrespective of whether Silva no shows or not, it's more than likely going to be a moot point because he's more than likely failing the random drug test he's already submitted, and having that choice of no showing taken out of his hands. 

You're point is correct, but that depends on when exactly this random tested started and just how random it really was. Not only that, if Silva started flushing his system far back enough, then he could still past even the most random of tests.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

why do you think Silva would have no intention of fighting Noah?

That's my question too. What does he get out of taking the fight if he hasn't not intention of showing up?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

why do you think Silva would have no intention of fighting Noah?

Because he's a moron. He's done a lot of talk the last few years, and no fighting. Just look at TUF Brazil. The guy's an embarrassment. Running away from testers, saying UFC fixes fights.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, herbie747 said:

Because he's a moron. He's done a lot of talk the last few years, and no fighting. 

To be fair though, he wasn't eligible to fight the last few years because he's been suspended since 2014. 

He has been embarrassing. Even I'll admit that. Even as big a Wanderlei Silva fan as I am, I even had to unfollow him on twitter because of his incessant, nonsensical ramblings. 

I still love the Botox looking nutter though. Chael has been almost has embarrassing as Wand was, to be honest. Everything he's done since he parted ways with the UFC has been a complete cringefest. 

Call me mad but I actually think this fight is going to happen this time. 

42 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Because he's a moron. He's done a lot of talk the last few years, and no fighting. Just look at TUF Brazil. The guy's an embarrassment. Running away from testers, saying UFC fixes fights.

This is why I don't think Silva will be fighting Chael. He's spent the last few years being a complete and total flake. If Silva ever fights again, it'll be in Japan so he can jack himself up full of drugs, and it'll probably be against a complete tomato can.

Archived