Bellator 180: Chael vs Wandy

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

yeh, Chael retracted his comment a little in his post fight with Ariel and he sort explained why he did it, that was a much better interview. He's still got the schtick going but he's not in soundbyte mode.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Chunk said:

I thought Chael's stuff after the fight was terrible.

Surely digging out the home town is line 1, chapter 1 in the Heel handbook. I could've come up with that line in 10 seconds.

Then he went on to call out Fedor ... a guy that just got knocked out. Not Mitrione who'd just won ... Fedor. Just came over as so obvious.

Which fight do you think would garner more interest? Chael vs Meathead? Or Chael vs Fedor?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Which fight do you think would garner more interest? Chael vs Meathead? Or Chael vs Fedor?

Oh completely. But there's a way to campaign for stuff and calling out someone that just got knocked out ain't it. Makes you look stupid in my opinion. 

• Paid Members

You've all probably seen it but I've only just got around to watching most of the post-fight stuff for this. Here's Chael's post-fight interview with Helwani...

I enjoy Chael so much more these days when he drops the gimmick. Good little interview. 

My reason for bringing it up though is the bit about Tito at cageside mouthing off, heckling and just generally being a cock. Being Tito. Chael mentioning that Randy Couture and Dan Henderson were standing near Tito and Hendo giving him a look as if to say 'you want me to shut this cunt up?' tickled me. Fucking love Hendo. He would've as well. I fully believe he would've lamped Tito in his massive head if Chael had given him the nod. 

11 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I enjoy Chael so much more these days when he drops the gimmick.

Chael is much more entertaining when he reigns things in and doesn't try so hard with the gimmick. And when he's actually being real, Chael is very smart and perceptive.

• Paid Members

yeh, he knows what he's doing. When he's interviewed in cage or at a press conference, its real clear that Chael is trying to create soundbites for promo videos and fight hype, as much as some people don't like it though, it works. That's why Chael is headlining PPV's way past his prime.

• Paid Members

yeh i didn't speak about Goldie/Mauro, i really liked that. I thought the whole broadcast team did a great jon, nice touch flipping to the 2nd team throughout the show as well. I'm hoping both Mauro & Goldie are involved for every Bellator show.

Yep I agree. Going forward I think Mauro and Goldie make a good team and alternate Chael and the other announcers with them. I think the UFC made a mistake getting rid of Mike,IMO he's still the voice of the UFC but I guess they wanted a new direction. I think Bellator could slowly pick up steam if they acquire top fighters who put on great fights. There's a WCW vibe to what they are doing but seeing Wandy, Fedor et all on the same card is cool for long term MMA fans and whilst they are past their prime they are still big names and draw fans.

Archived