Bellator 180: Chael vs Wandy

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, if weigh in pictures meant a lot then Hunt vs Kongo shouldn't have ended how it did! 

James Gallagher looked a bit of a div at the weigh in, I thought. Complete Conor McGregor wannabe. You could tell he was actively trying to be like McGregor with the way he walked, the scream on the scales then the aggressive staredown with the hands up high. He even has a crap chest tattoo, for fuck's sake. He'd probably have grown a beard if he wasn't 12. 

Seriously, he seems like a good prospect and someone worth keeping an eye on but get your own style and be yourself. 

Chinzo Machida didn't look impressed at all with the staredown. Looked like it fired him up and he gave a look into the camera as he was leaving the stage as if to say 'little shit's got it coming'. 

Gallagher's a huge prospect but i agree 100% wand. it's working to a degree because he's causing a bit of a stir but its a straight up copy. 

Fight-wise he's different though, definitely more grapple based that Conor.

• Paid Members

They'll have a great show tonight with all the bells and whistles that's for sure. Has anyone heard anything about how they have done with the ticket sales? 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

@herbie747 and whoever else on here is in Ireland, I don't know how legit this is but according to this if you're in the Republic of Ireland then Bellator 180 is free on YouTube. But it's paywalled in the UK because of the Spike deal.

Nah, it's bullshit. It's €17.03 on YouTube PPV (equivalent of USD$20). I saw Coker tweet it earlier. Not free at all. I'll just torrent it in the morning.

bellator.jpg

• Paid Members

Ahh that's shit. 

As big a Wanderlei fan as I am (and Fedor), I'm not paying for this. Fuck that. It's one thing paying £15-20 for a big boxing show which is on at UK prime time but I'm not paying that for a YouTube stream at 3 o'clock in the bastard morning.

I mean fuck, I'll already be gutted when Wandy and Fedor lose tonight. The only way I could piss myself off worse would be by paying for the privelege. Nah. 

That was one of the most bizarre events I have ever witnessed. 

- Chandler injuring his leg; and the ref inexplicably calling a timeout.

- Primus's post-fight celebration.

- Brendan Schuab's punditry.

- The most hyped prospect in years getting stopped inside 30 seconds. 

- Meathead and Fedor's double knockdown.

- Tito Ortiz's heckling.

- Goldie parodying himself.

The Main Event was pretty predictable. I wouldn't mind seeing Fedor vs Chael next. They seemed to open the door for it. Surely they won't do a Chael vs Tito rematch. Who the fuck wants to see that? 

I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't a showcase of MMA greatest talent. Or a selection of its greatest fights. It won't have much replay value either; other than the double knockdown being played on highlight reels. But I still found it entertaining in the moment.

Meathead winning can fuck off though. 

Archived