The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Fair play to Ariel. Bullied out of a dream job by Dana, yet still a complete professional offering some of the best analysis and insight regardless. The guy's a class act. I said it last time, but it's worth repeating; Ariel Helwani is too good for this sport. Everyone is lucky to have him.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
25 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

I do wonder if they switch it up - Can't see them doing 4 consecutive nights of this awkward podium stuff. Also people claiming Floyd won - I thought Conor smashed it. Floyd walking awkwardly around doing his hard-work stuff was woeful. 

Floyd was awkwardly scripted nonsense, and when McGregor had a working mic, he cut through him with quick comebacks. As Supremo pointed out, Mayweather's paid catchphrase-chanting audience members was proper hilarious.

Also, this is the only thing I've talked about at work, this morning. Universally, people think Mayweather was shite.

42 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Floyd was awkwardly scripted nonsense, and when McGregor had a working mic, he cut through him with quick comebacks. As Supremo pointed out, Mayweather's paid catchphrase-chanting audience members was proper hilarious.

Also, this is the only thing I've talked about at work, this morning. Universally, people think Mayweather was shite.

Good Good.

• Paid Members

Where the fuck did Mayweather get a reputation for being a good talker? He has zero wit - he essentially just recited shite rap lyrics with a large gap in between each line, and then got a paid posse of 15 people to respond to his catch phrases.

What am I missing?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I'd watch the press conference, as the content of the actual speeches is fun, but skip all the shit where they leave Conor standing on the stage for about six months at the start, then have a bunch of old men waffling on.

Thanks Supremo. After watching it there and I thought Mayweather came accross pretty badly at it, as I think most of us were expecting. What was that shite he was chanting at the crowd? Does he always do that nonsense?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

just had a chat with a lad in work who is convinced Conor wins, he's bought the Conor-hype hook, line and sinker and is quick to question Floyds resume "never fought anyone in his prime" is the favoured line he likes to throw out. 

People who are pro-McGregor are quick to hop on the McGregors punches harder than anyone Mayweather's ever faced thing, they all seem to forget that McGregor wearing boxing gloves is gonna make a massive difference in how effective McGregor's punching power will translate.

But, yep Mayweather came off like a schmuck in that arena setting...i'll watch the press conference later.

• Paid Members

Here's another video where you can hear Jnr/Snr(?) having a go. It's brilliant.

@Egg Shen I'm amazed at how many people I've heard say they not only think McGregor will win, but are putting money on him doing so. Such talk is obviously good news for the buyrate, because your casuals think it's a fairer fight than it realistically should be.

Also, round 2:

I think the ones saying Mayweather won are doing so as they are defending their noble sport against the barbarism of cage fighting and will see the inevitable Mayweather win as proof their sport is the superior one.

Fucking tribalistic arse wipes, in other words.

3 hours ago, herbie747 said:

Where the fuck did Mayweather get a reputation for being a good talker? He has zero wit - he essentially just recited shite rap lyrics with a large gap in between each line, and then got a paid posse of 15 people to respond to his catch phrases.

What am I missing?

Floyd has never been a great talker. He always comes across dumb and childish. The Money persona has always been about his actions. The ridiculous spending and lavish lifestyle is what he uses to sell himself on fight documentarys. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Floyd has never been a great talker. He always comes across dumb and childish. The Money persona has always been about his actions. The ridiculous spending and lavish lifestyle is what he uses to sell himself on fight documentarys. 

HARD WORK!

HARD WORK!

HARD WORK!

etc.

Archived