The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They're doing more traditional press conferences now. Conor in front of the press, answering questions, with Floyd Senior heckling him. He's in his element, laughing his tits off. I'm sure it'll be available at he usual places soon.

• Paid Members

It's just finished. It felt like Floyd Senior was sent there to rattle Conor, but the opposite happened. Conor thought the whole thing was hilarious and bounced off him perfectly. 

It was a million times better than he actual press conference.

• Paid Members

That was amazing. Conor had him so wound up, he challenged Conor to a fight and even started shadow boxing to show he was still fast, lol.

This is how the presser should have been - just give Conor a mic & ask him questions, you morons.

Hated that Staples Center press confence. The way it was laid out, giving speeches rather than the back and forth of press questions... but most of all, they cut Conor's mic and let Floyd spout the most asinine bullshit with Conor having no chance to retort.

"I don't give a fuck if it's the Octagon"

"We can use four ounce gloves"

"That's right, be quiet, bitch" -as Conor is obviously speaking into a broken microphone! I think Dana handed him a second mic at one point but that was cut too. Pathetic.

If this level of Mayweather control is what we have to look forward to for the rest of the build-up, I'm not looking forward to it. A neutered Conor is no fun. We've all said the pressers will be more entertaining than the fight, but it won't be at this rate.

• Paid Members

As I'm off today, I was planning on watching the presser this morning. Though it looks like it's not even worth it. Would I be better just watching the above clip Supremo has posted?

• Paid Members

I'd watch the press conference, as the content of the actual speeches is fun, but skip all the shit where they leave Conor standing on the stage for about six months at the start, then have a bunch of old men waffling on.

I do wonder if they switch it up - Can't see them doing 4 consecutive nights of this awkward podium stuff. Also people claiming Floyd won - I thought Conor smashed it. Floyd walking awkwardly around doing his hard-work stuff was woeful. 

Archived