The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Odds on Conor strolling out at one of the pressers to "Taxman" by The Beatles?

Awesome idea. I texted it to John Kavanagh & e-mailed it to Conor's US manager Audie - so if it happens, it was your idea. Imagine!! 

• Paid Members

It's out in the ether now with 2 of the closest people to him. I've known John for years and I had a business deal with Conor's manager in Paradigm a few years ago. So we'll see - still a longshot but what if?? lol! I'll jump off my chair.

• Paid Members

I'm so fucking excited for these press conferences. Even if they're both two hours late and they only last fifteen minutes, it's going to be such a ridiculous spectacle. 

I love how even Dana has said he expects it to be an "absolute shit show."

35 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

It's out in the ether now with 2 of the closest people to him. I've known John for years and I had a business deal with Conor's manager in Paradigm a few years ago. So we'll see - still a longshot but what if?? lol! I'll jump off my chair.

Haha, me too! You can just imagine Conor, can't you. "They'll be nuttin left of ya for the taxman by the time I'm finished wit ya". As Supes said, these will be better than the actual fight!

• Paid Members

Ahhh fucking hell, not Schaub. Of all the MMA pundits they could've got he's got to be one of the worst for me. I get why they can't use Cormier because he's busy at the moment, obviously. Should've brought in Cruz or even a journalist like Helwani or Luke Thomas instead of Schaub though. Everything I've heard Schaub say about this fight so far has been a load of bollocks. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Had no idea you actually knew John Kavanagh, herb. Is he as sound as he comes across in interviews? 

A completely class act. We're not mates or anything, but I've had a few dealings with him & have his personal contact info.... but I've made sure over the years to NEVER ask for a Conor-related favour, or for tickets, etc. I can only imagine how wrecked his head must be with people asking him for stuff. "Play it cool - don't act like a mark" is my MO with the SBG lads, despite being a huge mark. 'Act like you barely watch it'.

It's funny - the morning they were flying out to Vegas before the Aldo fight 2 years ago (which ended up being Mendes), I had to zip over to SBG to drop something into John before they all left that afternoon - and Conor was there with a TV crew doing an interview. The hardest thing I ever did was tried to act casual like it was nothing. I just wished John the best of luck and stayed professional. But nearly every ounce of me wanted to say: "OMFG - can I meet Conor!!" lol

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Ahhh fucking hell, not Schaub. Of all the MMA pundits they could've got he's got to be one of the worst for me. I get why they can't use Cormier because he's busy at the moment, obviously. Should've brought in Cruz or even a journalist like Helwani or Luke Thomas instead of Schaub though. Everything I've heard Schaub say about this fight so far has been a load of bollocks. 

Schaub is a fucking donkey.

• Paid Members

Haha, trying to play it cool, like when you first meet a girl you really fancy but don't want to come off too keen/desperate. 

That's great to hear about Kavanagh. That's what I like about the SBG lot, most of them just seem like normal people you'd know or even be mates with. Kavanagh and particularly Paddy Holohan and Aisling Daly when they were still fighting just seemed like the soundest people ever. 

Archived