WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

Mandrews had the best gear, but that was to be expected as he has been on US tv before.

I've known Mandrews since he was 15 and he had great gear then. His presentation of himself has always been spot on.

The guy gets it then. The fact he is good in the ring will only help him. I can see him on RAW as an Evan Bourne.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What else would you call it? Cirque Du Soleil?

I do hope they do well.

Fuck off and have some shortbread. You're adding absolutely fuck all to this topic and ruining something that has been overwhelmingly positive so far.

Wrestlers that look like fans? Dunne, Bate, Conners, Mandrews, Burch and several others in great athletic, muscular shape. You're either trolling or just really fucking stupid.

Either say something relevant or stay out the thread. Nob.

I will leave this thread then. I don't want you getting angry do I. Whatever will you do. Snap some pencils? Sit in the cupboard with your arms crossed and your knees to your chin till you calm down? I wont upset the poor baby anymore.

Scotwaizard, I am genuinely curious as to what you're a fan of. There have been a couple of things I have seen that have got quite a bit of praise that you have shit on with very similar arguments (vanilla, cookie, fan-looking etc.) with this one it seems like you haven't given it a chance before making your opinion (pretty odd in itself). As mentioned above, some of he guys in the tournament are in exceptional condition.

Is it just golden-era roided up wrestling you're a fan of as they are the ones that look like super heroes? The thing there is, is nullifies your other point as it is therefore less realistic. I am genuinely stumped to think of a product that ticks all your boxes.

Just watched last nights. Was great, so impressed. I dont agree with comments about not looking in shape the majority looked good. Trent is a bit chubby but for his character and moves he did his body shape suits it.

Im thinking Andrews to win it. Him or the Irish lad whos name i cant remember to win it.

Does the winner get a contract ?

I hope we end up with British Strong Style standing tall in the ring at the end tonight(Dunne, Seven and Bate) Finish the tournament with some shenanigans, gives you 3 strong heels and a baby face desperate for revenge instead of the usual ending we've had to tournaments recently.

Loving them as a group in Progress.

• Paid Members

I thought he added the context to the wrestlers background well, Cole called the match.

I hope he settles into the role.

I think WWE need to do a piece on the history of British wrestling, this might help generate more of an understanding of why things are the way they are.

I think they would if they could but judging by the tiny pieces of footage they used in the preview show, they haven't got access to anything substantial they could use.

Rumour has it they are on 16k a year contracts and can still work other dates but don't think they can do TV, DVD, iPPV etc.

I wonder if the local promoters will still pay them the same ?. Surely the wrestlers can demand a little more if it brings in extra punters ?.

Most of the guys just seem to want to wrestle so I would expect to see them still on the UK scene, maybe they will get a few more bookings in Europe and Japan.

I may have missed it but any ideas why Scrull or Ospreay were not in the tourney ?. I just they have their own deals with some in the US and Japan so maybe didn't see the WWE UK Tourney as attractive enough.

I thought he added the context to the wrestlers background well, Cole called the match.

I think WWE need to do a piece on the history of British wrestling, this might help generate more of an understanding of why things are the way they are.

I think they would if they could but judging by the tiny pieces of footage they used in the preview show, they haven't got access to anything substantial they could use.

Fair point, I think I read last year that they were looking at buying some UK footage. Maybe they could still sell the story with some footage of PROGRESS or ICW.

It was good to see British Wrestling with no mention of Big Daddy or Joint Promotions although didn't Brian Dixon get a namecheck ?

• Paid Members

Why did they drop some of the other wrestlers that were announced ?

Because it's only a 16 man tournament. I'm guessing they announced more in case anyone picked up an injury or something. They had to replace one of the CWC guys due to visa issues.

I may have missed it but any ideas why Scrull or Ospreay were not in the tourney ?. I just they have their own deals with some in the US and Japan so maybe didn't see the WWE UK Tourney as attractive enough.

Scurll is under contract with ROH, I think Ospreay is as well.

• Moderators

Fair point, I think I read last year that they were looking at buying some UK footage. Maybe they could still sell the story with some footage of PROGRESS or ICW.

It was good to see British Wrestling with no mention of Big Daddy or Joint Promotions although didn't Brian Dixon get a namecheck ?

Dixon is on rather good terms with WWE, apparently.

Archived