WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he added the context to the wrestlers background well, Cole called the match.

I hope he settles into the role.

I think WWE need to do a piece on the history of British wrestling, this might help generate more of an understanding of why things are the way they are.

• Paid Members

I've no interest in watching wrestlers that look like fans. Nor do I have any interest in basic vanilla cookie cutter wrestling matches but I do hope the Scottish wrestlers went over in their matches. I hope one of the Scottish ones wins it.

What if the Scottish wrestlers are vanilla cookie cutter guys that look like fans? Must be a conundrum for you.

He was still 10 times better than Alex Shane. 

This

Some of these guys have done very well for themselves, getting that ''mark'' contract. Based on some of their looks and efforts to get in the best shape possible for this, some really have wasted the opportunity.

Baby Balor is a ready made heat magnet if this becomes a weekly series.

Wolfgang I wanted to hate, but he was ok.

Tucker could walk into the Performance Center tomorrow and get signed. Great superkick.

Sam Gradwell needs serious work on his facials. He looked hilariously hokey at times.

Pete Dunne is the guy that they have put all of their stock in so I expect him to win.

Mandrews had the best gear, but that was to be expected as he has been on US tv before.

Tyler Bate has so much potential, cannot believe he is so young.

The ''Veterans'' proved why they have never really made any noise in the 15 years that they have been around. Just meh.

I would watch this if it became a weekly series. 12 tapings a year in similar buildings around the UK or venues that just look ''British'' with one Mega event at Wembly arena every year. I can see it working.

I've no interest in watching wrestlers that look like fans. Nor do I have any interest in basic vanilla cookie cutter wrestling matches but I do hope the Scottish wrestlers went over in their matches. I hope one of the Scottish ones wins it.

What if the Scottish wrestlers are vanilla cookie cutter guys that look like fans? Must be a conundrum for you.

That doesn't matter to me, just like I'm not fond of many Scottish actors or singers but I like to see my country doing well.

That doesn't matter to me, just like I'm not fond of many Scottish actors or singers but I like to see my country doing well.

In what you quite happily tell us is fake fighting. You hope your countrymen do well in fake fighting. Piss off pal.

• Paid Members

Mandrews had the best gear, but that was to be expected as he has been on US tv before.

I've known Mandrews since he was 15 and he had great gear then. His presentation of himself has always been spot on.

Back stories on commentary were often bizarre

Nigel putting over Dunnes tough upbringing.

"He grew up in a working class area of Birmingham, HE got mugged all the time."

Err. What a badass.

And going on about the Irish guy being born prematurely was just wierd.

Loved the show, and crowd could have been much worse. Given this show might attract the dumbest of smart marks.

Thisl new wave in popularity in wrestling in uk does correspond with these crowd reactions. Was it Post mania 12 raw was the first time it really came out. I remember watching that and no matter how stupid some thought it was and complained about it. I was glued to it and wanted to be part of that audience. These crowd reactions are a massive part of icw,progress, PCw and ott. And forget the quality of the wrestling people want to be in that crowd in that atmosphere.

This is where itv fell down, not letting an audience be organic that I see as a major part of the resurgence. Weestling and wrestling crowds have evolved and WWE has seen this and are looking to exploit it.

• Paid Members

What else would you call it? Cirque Du Soleil?

I do hope they do well.

Fuck off and have some shortbread. You're adding absolutely fuck all to this topic and ruining something that has been overwhelmingly positive so far.

Wrestlers that look like fans? Dunne, Bate, Conners, Mandrews, Burch and several others in great athletic, muscular shape. You're either trolling or just really fucking stupid.

Either say something relevant or stay out the thread. Nob.

Archived