WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I guess a bunch of people singing and chanting about Jesus because someone looks a bit like him, then laughing and cheering at how funny they are isn't a bad crowd to others then but they annoyed the shit out of me. Jesus chants, ONE FALL, 10 counts for everything. Crap. On par with WHAT? chants.

You should see them tossing each other off on Twitter because HHH acknowledged them. Big marky circle jerk.

Echo someone's sentiments earlier, Trent Seven didn't impress at all. Having a moustache shouldn't be a whole gimmick. Lariat as a finish but better ones elsewhere on the card.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed that show, looking forward to how the rest of the tournament plays out tomorrow. This might sound a bit dumb but am I right in thinking T-Bone is the same guy that is a regular part of PCW's shows?

Yep. Does anyone know if that was his real accent though?! Sounded really weird...

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed that show, looking forward to how the rest of the tournament plays out tomorrow. This might sound a bit dumb but am I right in thinking T-Bone is the same guy that is a regular part of PCW's shows?

Yep. Does anyone know if that was his real accent though?! Sounded really weird...

Nope, that's not his real accent.

I guess a bunch of people singing and chanting about Jesus because someone looks a bit like him, then laughing and cheering at how funny they are isn't a bad crowd to others then but they annoyed the shit out of me. Jesus chants, ONE FALL, 10 counts for everything. Crap. On par with WHAT? chants.

You should see them tossing each other off on Twitter because HHH acknowledged them. Big marky circle jerk.

I'm guessing you don't watch a lot of NXT. Compared to some of the bellsniffs that rock up there or at the post-Mania RAW, this crowd's reaction was near poetic. All about perspective.

The preview packages with multiple people calling themselves unique or crazy bothered me way more than it should. If you have to say it, you're not.

The announcers then comparing these unique individuals to countless others also doesn't help.

Interested to see the response here. Considering the first round of the CWC was nothing special and ended up great, the first night was never going to be as good as the second will be. Having said that, being fair and honest, it wasn't the most impressive show all around in truth.

• Paid Members

My pre-tournament pick for match of the first round, Mark Andrews vs Dan Moloney only got 5 minutes, thankfully Tyler Bate then looked great in the final match which was the only bout over 10 minutes.

Conners and Drake should've faced other people in the first round. They were way too similar. Conners over Burch and Devlin over Drake would have worked better. I think Conners sucks, mind you, and this didn't change my mind.

I assume night 2 will be better.

Nope, that's not his real accent.

I'm guessing no one guessed he was trying to be a traveller 'have a character to stand out' - Hes come a long way from the king of the caravan days

Was a slow burner partly cos of how surreal it all was but really positive feeling after that show.

Agree with others that I didn't see much in Seven on first impression.

The Burch/Devlin match was pretty entertaining. Devlin has by far the most punchable face in the tournament. I liked the shit Finn Balor chant. Sad to see Burch go out as he impressed and that finish was nasty

But yea Dunne and especially Bate were the standouts from this. \Loved the Dunne angle at the end and that immediately heats up the Gradwell bout. Reckon Bate/Devlin tomorrow could be really good as well

All of the other matches were decent. Shame the crowd wanted to do the Jesus thing for the whole Gradwell match. Mark Andrews' music is bubbish. But thats a healthy looking final 8

All in all it feels pretty legit stuff especially when compared to WOS, and the crowd despite annoying things took most of it in and responded well, so they're on to something here

• Paid Members

There's an extended beat down on WWE's youtube of the Dunne attack on Gradwell. It's a damn shame that the show ended before this because it really is the icing on the cake.

https://youtu.be/lXbReMSwak4

I enjoyed it alot as whole but it was always going to be problematic that it was glaringly obvious who was going to win every match. Tomorow should be much more intriguing.

• Awards Moderator

I enjoyed that. If we're comparing directly to WOS I'd pick this by a long way.

The only one of the 16 I'd seen at all before was Burch, and his match was probably the most memorable. Devlin's a little prick who needs to be punched in his disproportionately large face after that post match kick!

Anyway, I hadn't seen 15 of the 16 but came away impressed with Devlin, Dunne, Wolfgang, T-Bone, Andrews and Bate. Venue looked great, crowd were fine (except the 10 stuff which has begun to reallygrate on me recently), McGuinness was decent on commentary and Cole was the best I've heard him in ages. All in all I was interested beforehand, but now I'm excited to see Night 2.

I thought it was decent enough, with a bit of this and that, without ever excelling.

I really appreciated the guys who put themselves forward as something different to the pack, such as Tyson T-Bone and Pete Dunne, and I feel I made the right choice to get tickets for tomorrow rather than today. Seems like some good matches. Also even before attending tomorrow I've got the live wrestling bug again. Think I'm gonna go GPW Back With A Bang next month.

Pretty enjoyable.

• Paid Members

I think this is the first time in years where who wins meant more to me than the match quality. I was like a kid again.

Pete Dunne, Mandrews and Tyler Bate were superb, as I'd expected.

Fucking loved the finish and the reaction to the Burch/Devlin match. I actually thought the ref was stopping it for the injury, even though he kicked out. If Devlin can keep that heat on him, tomorrows match could be an absolute stormer.

I'm a fan of Conners, but this match didn't click. Was it heel vs heel? The opening match felt like a heel vs heel too.

Too much plain black gear. You're on TV. Razzle it up a bit.

Almost every match had someone focusing on how great they are at punching. It's not boxing.

First time I've seen Tucker, and I'm impressed.

Archived