WWE UK Championship Tournament

Onyx2

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed that show, I liked the WOS show but WWE just knows how to put on a show don't they.

My initial pick before the show was T-Bone to win this. I felt he put on a good showing. Hes out now so here's my thoughts-

After watching the show..

I don't see anything in Trent Seven other than chops and twiddling his mouser he did nothing. If the crowd wasn't full of his mates I don't think that he'd of had as much of a reaction.

Gradwell is a charisma vacuum.

Dan Maloney is a talent!

Danny Burch looks ill, his biggest strength was his look and size now he's lost that.

So now my new number one pick is Tyler Bate that kid has everything!! Christ on a bike 19 and he has all that talent and charisma. He's got nothing but bright things ahead of him.

It was a fun watch. Tyler Bate is going to bé a Big star.

Didn't get why Danny Burch lost. He showed up in phenomenal shape and the crowd loved him. Could have been a proper comeback story.

Devlin has a huge head and tiny shoulders.Looks weird. His look irritated me. Get off my TV.

Pete Dunne and Andrews looked great. Never heard of Tucker. Het had a great showing.

Really enjoyed the show, was surprised how many of the guys I'd seen wrestle at local Kamikazi shows. Dunne did really well and loved his bit at the end. They need to keep him around for sure.

Tyler Bate was fucking awesome, seen him a few times and he is always class. Didn't realise he was on the show but him and Jack Gallagher need to form a team as soon as possible.

Who the fuck is T-Bone? He is my new favourite wrestler and has made The Drifter look wank. I hate the Mini-Balor, just super easy to dislike (in a good way) but he is still proper green. He started botching every thing going home and the cut looked nasty.

Going to the Bimingham Progress show tomorrow and excited for the finals tomorrow. Good weekend for wrestling

• Paid Members

First time seeing Tyler Bate in action, he is scarily good for 19. I don't understand how it's even possible to 'get it' like he seems to at that age. He was the standout of the whole thing for me, the best by a country mile. Good look, natural charisma, a proper wrestler's physique and the ring work to back it all up.

On that note, I thought a lot of the other guys looked pretty disappointing. One I was pleasantly surprised by was Sam Gradwell though. Had never heard of him before, but he impressed me on all fronts. He had the best pre-match promo too.

Overall I did enjoy the show and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of it play out tomorrow. 

Thought the show came off really well. Arena had a very distinctive uk look to it that wos lacked. The wrestlers did well and all of the matches looked good. Good to hear the uk companies amd heads of progress , icw and OTT get screen time, other than in Japan, don't think that's happened before? Had got my ticket for tomorrow purely for being at it as a thing, but now really excited for the show itself

Loved the show, was brilliant there live, great atmosphere. Can't wait for night 2.

I think if you're familiar with some of the guys and have been watching them for years at live events, you're probably more inclined to be more accepting of their peculiarities.

Andrews had the best match, Devlin and Dunne had the most heel heat, Seven was probably the most over along with Wolfgang, Bate and Andrews.

Turned it off during the Pete Dunne match. Thought everyone but Burch were boring (you can tell he's been in the big leagues a while). A fucked finish, Cole and McGuinness tripping over each other to get words in, and a dreadful worst type of shithead crowd had us both get sick of it and put Netflix on.

I think that's massively unfair. I enjoyed Cole and McGuinness together and even liked the way they covered for the oddly fucked finish, especially Devlin's promo after where he claimed it had been a massively decisive victory.

As far as the crowd goes, they absolutely weren't the worst type of crowd and in truth could've been far, far worse. For the majority of it I just thought they were funny, different chants - not trying to get themselves over in a 'WE ARE AWESOME' way but having more variety to their cheers than FIRST-NAME SUR-NAME *clap clap clapclapclap*

Looking forward to tomorrow night. They've done well to make sixteen virtual no-names seem like pretty big deals, especially considering this is pretty much not a who's who but a who's left of BritWres.

Tyler Bate AND Dan Moloney are stupidly good for 19-year-olds. I can 100% see Tyler in a tag team with Jack Gallagher by the year's end. Five years ago you'd be crazy to expect guys who look like Pete Dunne and Trent Seven to go over guys who look like Roy Johnson and HC Dyer on a WWE-produced show, the mindset has certainly changed in that regard. I've seen Dyer look completely lost in matches before but he looked really good tonight. Thought Devlin, who is completely new to me, was great as the cocky little prick heel. And Conners had a fun, hard-hitting match with... his opponent. Never knew about his ear.

All in all was a fun couple of hours, set in a bloody lovely venue, with a bit of a fresh and distinctly British feel. Shit, even Michael Cole wasn't as terrible as usual. Really looking forward to tomorrow night, the quarter finals have been set up really nicely.

Archived