New Cruiserweight Show

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

WWE have just announced that starting November 29th they are launching a new 1 hour Cruiserweight show called 205 Live with Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves as the commentary team. It will air in the slot that Talking Smack takes up on the Network on Tuesdays with that show being moved to 1 hour later

The blurb doesn't really specify if this is going to be it's own thing separate to Raw or if we'll continue to see CW matches on Raw and Superstars

• Paid Members

205 Live will feature Superstars that are 205 pounds and under, including: new WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick, as well as TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Noam Dar, HoHo Lun, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Gran Metallik, [Akira] Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Gurv Sihra and Harv Sihra.

Fucking Ho Ho Lun! Christ.

This makes sense considering they'd signed a load of cruisers without enough time to showcase them. Two matches on Raw each week is ideal in theory, but then what do the others do, as they've signed so many of them? Tozawa, Gallagher and Dar haven't made their debut yet and everyone else is being thrown into multi-man tags.

The big question is logistics- will this be taped at Raw or Smackdown like Superstars/Main Event is, or Full Sail? Part of NXT tapings or separate? Will they still be on Raw, and their subsequent PPVs?

And do they really need to tape the ropes purple for the matches? That's gotta annoy the ring crew.

It annoys me as a viewer too.  It subconsciously tells me that what follows for the next few minutes is a self-contained sub-promotion that has no bearing on the rest of the show.  I know it's superficial, but I tuned in to watch Monday Night Raw, so make them a part of Monday Night Raw with all its visual trimmings and I'll be more receptive to what they have to offer.

Archived