UFC 204: Bisping vs Hendo 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any ideas who they could chuck in there? It'll probably be someone shit on this notice but I wouldn't be against them giving Francis Ngannou the fight if he's up for it. European and could do with a name fight at this point. He ticks the boxes, I think

Stefan and Ngannou have been training together everyday for the past 3 weeks (according to Struves Twitter) so that fight is unlikely. Struve doesn't want it.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I got a couple, although I'm not sure I can go. Will try my best to arrange time off work etc but thought it would be best to have them than not.

If I end up not going, I will give them to any of you guys and post them to you. 

Edit; Just seen it that doors open 5pm so it may be ok to sort out work but above still applies.

• Paid Members

The bout order seems to be set now.

KZB1S.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson - Middleweight Title

Vitor Belfort vs Gegard Mousasi

Ovince Saint Preux vs Jimi Manuwa

Stefan Struve vs Daniel Omielanczuk

Mirsad Bektic vs Arnold Allen

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Brad Pickett vs Iuri Alcantara

Rob Font vs Ian Entwistle

Davey Grant vs Damian Stasiak

Albert Tumenov vs Leon Edwards

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Danny Roberts vs Mike Perry

Leonardo Santos vs Adriano Martins

Reza Madadi vs Marc Diakiese

I like the card, love the main event. But I think they could've beefed this one up a bit with it being on PPV. Take the title out of it and this card looks pretty much like your standard European UFC event really. They're obviously banking on Bisping vs Hendo 2 pulling in the buys, and it'll probably do pretty well, but I do think the main card could've done with fattening up a little bit.

• Paid Members

It's why I'm not going Wand. The main event, whilst should be entertaining, really shouldn't be happening in 2016. Outside of that, I couldn't give a fuck about the rest of the card.

Isn't this the first time a PPV has been broadcast from the UK live too? I know other numbered events were broadcast, but weren't they tape delayed and put on Spike? 

Even if it's not, I would have loved a great fight card as I would have found a way go. 

• Paid Members

Isn't this the first time a PPV has been broadcast from the UK live too? I know other numbered events were broadcast, but weren't they tape delayed and put on Spike?

Hmmmm, not sure. It might well be. I remember even UFC 75 in 2007 was free on Spike. And that was with the big Rampage vs Hendo headliner to unify the UFC and Pride belts.

I could swear at least one of them was on PPV in America though. I want to say UFC 70 (Cro Cop vs Gonzaga 1) but that might've been on Spike as well.

• Paid Members

Ah, I knew one was on PPV. But bloody hell, UFC 72 was an awful choice to put behind the paywall. That must've tanked in buyrates? Especially with it being shown on delay when the results would've already been knocking about online.

Rich Franklin vs Yushin Okami

Forrest Griffin vs Hector Ramirez

That's your UFC 72 main and co-main. Shocking really. Even as popular as Forrest and, to a lesser degree, Franklin were at the time. That's, to quote the man of the hour, "weak as piss".

Although, Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida from that show is one of my absolute favourite fights ever.

You had to pay a tenner for UFC 72 over here as well. I was sad enough to pay for it. It did indeed tank in America. It produced only 200k buys, which was terrible for the standards of the time. 

Griffin vs Guida was indeed superb. I scored it for Guida at the time, but it was razor close. The opener pitting Ed Herman vs Scott Smith was decent as well. However, Griffin's fight was pretty tepid. He never really left 2nd gear. The Main Event was okay, but it didn't feel like a PPV Main Event, more like a Fight Night headliner. I can't remember the rest. 

I'm staying home for this one, and setting my alarm for 4am. 

Slightly on-topic; I was just reading an interview with Khabib Nurmagomedov, where he has said if Henderson has to pull out with injury he would step in for him! Seems like he just wants to fight someone at this stage (looking like Alverez), but Bisping would be too big for him surely.

• Paid Members

Tickets came today. Very excited now. Thrilled that I'm either going to see Bisping get revenge in his home country, or Dan Henderson finish a career as UFC Champion.

I've absolutely no idea how the crowd are going to be at 5am though. Was it rowdy whenever Ricky Hatton used to fight at those times? Boxing sucks, so I never watched it.

Tickets came today. Very excited now. Thrilled that I'm either going to see Bisping get revenge in his home country, or Dan Henderson finish a career as UFC Champion.

I've absolutely no idea how the crowd are going to be at 5am though. Was it rowdy whenever Ricky Hatton used to fight at those times? Boxing sucks, so I never watched it.

Certainly was, although in my experience, MMA fans tend to be more two can Van Damme's than boxing fans. I remember one event at the Cov Skydome, they delayed the event so the audience could get tanked up watching the extra time in the FA Cup final (I think)

The hometown hero got sparked and the 2CVDs went on the riot. And that was only a delay of an hour so fuck knows what they'll be like at that time of the morning.

Archived