Agatha Christie's Paige discussion.

IANdrewDiceClay

Should traffic wardens be armed?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Teletext was right about Rey Mysterio going to WWF. They called that and just 5 years later it happened.

I remember them saying Sting was going to debut at SummerSlam 2001.

They were almost right. Instead it was Survivor Series. And 20-fucking-14.

I discovered Nitro was on TNT by randomly browsing that channel's teletext pages and finding a whole WCW section. This was shortly before the nWo started too, so quite a stroke of luck.

• Paid Members

I used to get Raw/Nitro spoilers on German Teletext on a Tuesday. One of the channels had a news section and I remember desperately trying to read/translate about "The Invaders" coming to WCW from WWE. That's where I read about X-Pac turning up on Raw too.

Mailbox on The Paramount Channel was good too. It was a message/letters page intended for general discussion/talk about the channel but it was entirely taken over by wrestling fans at one point, with gimmick posters and all kinds, despite the editor having no interest in wrestling. When Montreal happened they had a multi page spread about it the next day. I'd have had no clue what happened there without it.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Mailbox on The Paramount Channel was good too. It was a message/letters page intended for general discussion/talk about the channel but it was entirely taken over by wrestling fans at one point, with gimmick posters and all kinds, despite the editor having no interest in wrestling. When Montreal happened they had a multi page spread about it the next day. I'd have had no clue what happened there without it.

Haha, that's great!

I used to get Raw/Nitro spoilers on German Teletext on a Tuesday. One of the channels had a news section and I remember desperately trying to read/translate about "The Invaders" coming to WCW from WWE. That's where I read about X-Pac turning up on Raw too.

Funny you should mention this as one of my mates stumbled across Raw spoilers on the text on DSF while trying to find out when a WCW PPV aired on that channel.  This was actually how I found out that Vince was the higher power a couple of days before watching on the Friday night.

Where on earth did that one come from? You been looking at Lords of Pain again?

Actually not on lordsofpain for once, amazingly.

I did clarify none of the reputable sites had reported it, however if you put 'Paige Charlotte Heat' in Google it does bring up quite a few  - just thought it an odd story that had not been brought up before (probably for good reason) and, if completely untrue, a very strange story to fabricate.

I mean, here's one report, for example.....

http://www.pwpix.net/backstage-tension-paige-female-wwe-star-alberto-del-rio/

• Paid Members

Haha, that's great!

Holy shit I loved mailbox. Completely forgot about it. It was obsessed with Chage and Aska