Kimbo Slice

RancidPunx

• Paid Members

Wow, just reading through this thread has brought back some great memories of TUF 10. Easily the best lineup of characters ever for me who seemed to maximize their screen time and all be able present themselves in a larger than life way. No one was really left in the shadows and you got to know them more than your usual TUF housemates.

That Marcus/Meathead confrontation was pretty uncomfortable from what I remember. Meathead looked absolutely shook at the time, but still went on to KO him easily. I wish Big Baby had a few more fights, cool guy.

Lets also not forget TUF 10 also gave us James McSweeny. What an absolute bellend, I've taken great pleasure in seeing him come up on the short end in fights  ever since.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasnt he got this crazy record of being this huge one off draw in several different organizations? 

He set ratings records for Elite XC, UFC, and Bellator. On at least two occasions he broke the overall MMA TV ratings record. You could do repeat business with him as well, at least for a short time. The above promotions followed up his initial fight with a subsequent booking, all of which did decent business. 

• Paid Members

its crazy that he still drew such huge numbers after being 'exposed' on several occasions, he really connected with fans on a level which few fighters ever do.

Been thinking about that last Dada 5000 fight though, this is like the last sinister piece of that tale. It'll go down as one of the most infamous fights in MMA history. Looking back and seeing just how much Kimbo struggled in that fight, it makes you wonder how bad health wise he was, no two men should be that tired from 12-13 minutes of fighting. I'm no doctor Kimbo getting popped for steroids probably means he was putting massive stress on his heart given the low level of fitness he was at. What a crazy situation, they'll make a movie about it one day.

• Paid Members

I was taking the piss out of people who say "He/She died of a broken heart" - which doesn't make sense, because it's not a medical cause of death. Sorry you misread it as me actually using the phrase earnestly.

• Paid Members

I was taking the piss out of people who say "He/She died of a broken heart" - which doesn't make sense, because it's not a medical cause of death. Sorry you misread it as me actually using the phrase earnestly.

It doesn't relate in any way to Kimbo Slice or his situation when he died though. If he was upset at the time, then yeah ...

I agree with the others. You're better than this. :p

Archived