Kimbo Slice

RancidPunx

• Paid Members

there's an interview with Kimbo's manager on this week's Rutten & Ranallo podcast, interesting little listen that gives a bit more insight into what happened, also tells a few good old school Kimbo stories.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from that, Kimbo was no fool. He wouldn't have been fighting had he known his health was that bad. Mike Brown said that he had mentioned that he was pulling out of the London show after feeling unwell, so if he'd known the full extent of his issues there's no way he'd have been competing.

• Paid Members

I luved the guy but there's no way he was only 42. I think he was probably 52

That was the joke of my Taribo West reference a few pages back — allegedly, he was actually born in 1962, not 1974. That explains why he seemed completely knackered as a player in his mid 20s.

• Paid Members

Why would Schaub make such a bold claim in public?

Does he have a record of saying such questionable things?

Well, he said he was making over $100k per fight in sponsorship before the Reebok deal. I question that - he was a mid-carder with an average record who was never a draw. Over $100k per fight in sponsorship alone??

And he completely misunderstood the USADA exemption that was given to Brock Lesnar (i.e. the fact that Brock didn't have to give 4 months notice in advance). UFC give this exemption to ALL fighters that fight on short notice - Darrel Horcher being the most recent. Brock signed for his fight on 2nd June - he is being tested since then & right up to the fight. So he's not avoiding testing - he's just not testing 4 months in advance. Brock retired over 4 years before USADA testing came in - he didn't retire to avoid testing. That's the only reason they have the 4-month clause is to stop people (like say, Jose Aldo) saying he's retiring so he avoids testing, and then comes out of retirement 4 weeks before a fight.

Brock was genuinely retired & working elsewhere. And he was signed to a UFC fight on short notice; like many others are.

Shaub doesn't seem to understand any of this, and seems to think Brock isn't being tested at all. So he's not the sharpest tool. He has a permanently confused look on his face.

• Paid Members

I'm glad there are still Schaub haters out there. Everyone seems to love his podcast too, where as I just don't get the fuss.

As you say Herb, he's as dumb as a bag of rocks. It's like he's listened to a few Rogan podcasts and tries be be the same. Just without the intelligence and likeability.

• Paid Members

I don't listen to his Podcast, but I watch snippets on YouTube all the time. Funnily enough though, I actually like him more now than I did before his podcast - he's not so bad - he's just a bit thick, so not his fault. Bryan Callen is a complete moron though. I love when Joe calls him out on it too, as does Brendan sometimes.

• Paid Members

how dare you Silky!

I do agree that Schaub but be a little on the dumb side but i do enjoy the podcast. Callen is the man though.

Someone else listen to that snippet above, did i get the wrong end of the stick about the heart transplant?

Archived