Kimbo Slice

RancidPunx

• Paid Members

I didn't even really pick up on that heart transplant bit, to be honest. Just posted the video as he was paying tribute to Kimbo. It is a weird thing to claim though. Surely he wouldn't have passed the medicals to even get on TUF with something that serious. And even if he somehow slipped through the net and blagged the UFC's doctors, he surely wouldn't go and blab his business to guys in the house, due to the risk of it getting back to the UFC management. He'd have kept that shit under his hat...err doo-rag stocking thingybob.

And Silky's right. Schaub's a massive twat. Could never stand him when he was fighting. He's slightly more tolerable now he's retired but he's still a fucking idiot. And Callen's awful. I don't know what his standup comedy routine is like but I hope it's funnier than he is on Rogan's/his own podcast. I find the pair of them proper annoying a lot of the time. Just constantly shouting and thinking they're hilarious. I watched a clip of them talking about the Brock/drug testing thing earlier and they're both so irritating in it.

Watch the last minute of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Hvngb5ch47s

And tell me you don't want to throw a bag of vomit at this pair of knobs. Between Schaub's 'HEY MAN!' (which he did a few times earlier in hrs video) to Callen keep repeating 'Lil bit. Lil bit. Lil bit'. I hope they both tread dog shit all inside their cars and houses.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I realise I bring it on myself and should simply stop watching their shit but I always stumble upon little clips like the above in the related videos to whatever I'm watching on YouTube, so I end up clicking on them sometimes. Then I remember why I don't listen to their podcast.

Anyway, fuck these chumps. This thread should be about appreciating the man in the thread title. I think I'm going to start rewatching TUF 10 tonight.

• Paid Members

I realise I bring it on myself and should simply stop watching their shit but I always stumble upon little clips like the above in the related videos to whatever I'm watching on YouTube, so I end up clicking on them sometimes. Then I remember why I don't listen to their podcast.

Yeah, sums it up - YouTube recommends them to me - some of the snippets are good, but usually only when Joe is on.

• Paid Members

Why would Schaub make such a bold claim in public?

Does he have a record of saying such questionable things?

Well, he said he was making over $100k per fight in sponsorship before the Reebok deal. I question that - he was a mid-carder with an average record who was never a draw. Over $100k per fight in sponsorship alone??

A few people openly called him out on that. Rogan was one of them and basically told him to produce the proof and by all accounts he gave Rogan the breakdown and he might have been on that money which is crazy for a guy at his level. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjX6LiuuUU 

• Paid Members

Yeah, they're both trying too hard..

whatever they are doing, it's working. Fighter & The Kid is hugely popular, they are doing sold out live tours and are spinning the podcast off into a TV show.

• Paid Members

They can be decent when they have other fighters on as well. Lawler and Condit were on there together before they fought in January and Schaub and Callen were way less annoying on that one. I think I saw Chuck Liddell on there as well and they weren't too bad then either. They do tend to rein it in when there's a fighter on there. It's when they're left to their own devices or on with someone Schaub seems to deem 'inferior' that they're almost unbearable.

• Paid Members

whatever they are doing, it's working. Fighter & The Kid is hugely popular, they are doing sold out live tours and are spinning the podcast off into a TV show.

Yeah but there's plenty of cunts who are doing well and successful. Still doesn't stop them being total arsewipes though.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I saw that clip but it's not proof. It's just Joe saying he saw some receipts or transfers. Hardly an audit.

• Paid Members

Yeah but there's plenty of cunts who are doing well and successful. Still doesn't stop them being total arsewipes though.

true, but i still like 'em :)

yet his manager claims on the Rutten/Ranallo podcast that Kimbo was still talking about fighting in London whilst in intensive care, hmmmmn.

Different from what Mike Brown was saying then. Fuck knows, it all seems a bit weird to be honest.

I tried watching a Fighter and the Kid podcast on youtube, couldn't do it. More so than their dickheadery, the forced adverts for everything from pants to jeans to car insurance was fucking intolerable. Trying to make out that they weren't adverts and the like. Awful.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I saw that clip but it's not proof. It's just Joe saying he saw some receipts or transfers. Hardly an audit.

It's about as much proof as you're going to get really. I'm not sure why you would need an audit into seeing a bunch of figures from a handful of sponsors and Joe Rogan has no reason at all to lie. In fact, with him being employed by the UFC, you would expect him to lean towards the side of the UFC.

From what I've heard from other fighters and the amount they've lost, and whilst 100k is a lot, it's far from impossible. Despite his limitations as a fighter, Schaub came from the TUF 10 house and was able to drum a shit load of interest outside fighting whilst he was still active. If you look at the fighters he faced, he mostly faced decent names too and each of his fights attracted eye balls. 

Personally I've gone through a hate/love/hate relationship with the guy. Whilst he was fighting he came across terribly but when he retired amidst the rebook mess I started to like him as he almost became the spokesman for the fiasco. Then his show started to take off a bit more and it became tiring to hear on every interview him spouting on about the money he's getting and how he's free from the UFC. It's great he's doing well, but there's no doubt if he wasn't a shit fighter then he would have continued.

I pissed myself when I heard on his podcast last week after Brock's return was announced that if they called him he would have fought Brock, and that he believed he would be a nightmare match for Brock too.

I love it that on his wikipedia page someone listed his final fight as a TKO (Verbal Assault) to Joe Rogan from Rogan's podcast after Rogan's brutal assessment of Schaub as a fighter. 

• Paid Members

It's about as much proof as you're going to get really. I'm not sure why you would need an audit into seeing a bunch of figures from a handful of sponsors and Joe Rogan has no reason at all to lie. In fact, with him being employed by the UFC, you would expect him to lean towards the side of the UFC.

I don't actually expect to see an audit.

All I was saying was that Schaub could have just shown Joe a bank statement with a transfer for $80k from Muscle Pharm, and said they were his main sponsor, and he had $30k in smaller ones too - but that $80k transfer could have been for 4 fights; we don't know - Joe doesn't know & Joe isn't going to question it because he doesn't even care. It wasn't Joe getting heat over the claim, it was Schaub. But now Schaub can say "I showed you the proof Joe, didn't I?" and Joe will say 'Yeah, you did'.

Point being, anything short of an audit is not legit "proof".

• Paid Members

You're right it's not 100% proof, but from what I see, there's more proof to suggest he's telling the truth.

I'm not sure that's how sponsorships worked either. I doubt you have companies sending money over as a package deal as fighters never know if they get 1 or 3 fights in the UFC. All that's certain is the one fight that's scheduled. 

I guess the reason sponsorships are probably likely paid on a fight by fight basis is also to where the fighters are/were on the card. 

Obviously this bullshit Kimbo story aside, I just think there was no reason for Schaub to lie in that situation. It wasn't going to change the reebok deal, and he decided that fighting was no longer going to be worth his time without that sponsorship money coming in. He stood by his convictions at least. 

Archived