UFC bans Helwani

jimufctna24

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the whole of that Joe Rogan podcast Lamby posted a few pages back and funnily enough he goes on to tell the story of the Buffer 360 which made it's first appearance at the main event of UFC 100. 

Will we get a 720 at UFC 200?

• Paid Members

Dave O'Donnell started one of their shows coming to the ring singing Sex is on fire proper cringeworthy

I remember that. We had a good laugh about it on here. The video has since been removed.

Does anyone remember Cage Rage's version TUF that aired on Nuts TV? I never saw it myself, but the trailer was comedy gold. It was a bunch of Devvo's mouthing off and feebly trying to hit the heavy bag. 

Cage Fighter wasn't it?

UCMMA had a similar kind of show that aired on London TV (think thats where UCMMA shows are shown as well), called Born to Fight. It's available on demand:

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/programmes/born-to-fight/365ba2e5

O' Donnell's off his tits but i'll always have a soft spot for him.

I do regretfully remember the Badarse Barrett/Alex Reid debacle though. I actually bought the PPV, what a sucker i am.

That was an absolute shocker that show. Thankfully I caught it on a stream. Reid won in about 10 seconds didn't he? Bought Barrett a Rollex and said they were best pals straight after the fight.

Looked up the Mma. Hour, some of the length of them is rediculous. Can't imagine starting to listen to a 4 hour podcast.

Listened to the latest where he talked about last weekend, half of it was pauses as he seemed to stop to give people time to react to what he said. One hour show in two hours.

• Paid Members

I think a lot of the pauses were for him to compose himself and be able to present the information in a coherent and logical manner. The MMA hour is very good if treated like a radio show. I'd find it very difficult to sit and watch it.

• Paid Members

Listened to the latest where he talked about last weekend, half of it was pauses as he seemed to stop to give people time to react to what he said. One hour show in two hours.

yeh, its never normally like that.

• Paid Members

I couldn't find anywhere more appropriate to post this brain fart, I'm still not even convinced it wasn't my half asleep eyes deceiving me but in a world where Ariel Helwani was banned, however temporarily from covering UFC events, imagine my surprise when I turned on BBC Breakfast this morning to see footage of the Oscar Pistorius trial, with Gareth A fucking Davies sat behind him!!!  That's a tenuous link at best I know, but I know how much you all love a bit of GADders - he's what Helwani could have been had he towed the line..

Archived