UFC bans Helwani

jimufctna24

He's been fucking about with Matt Serra on YouTube for most of the year, he's been absent from probably half the pressers and guys like Dave Sholller have been hosting them, he's also stopped doing media scrums, I think since the lawsuit.

Wasn't it Lorenzo who has been wanting Ariel out? And obviously has more say than Dana, he just let's him be the person to do it or take the hit for it.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

it is strange how all the fans who openly diss Dana seem to have no issue with Lorenzo. Lorenzo is clearly of the same way of way of thinking, yet no one ever talks bad of the guy. Guess it's cause Dana is the mouthpiece.

• Paid Members

It may also be that Lorenzo doesn't have as much reported about him.

Personally, the only reason I haven't slagged him off more is because I know almost nothing about him, but I've been very critical of the UFC's practices in the past, and so include him and Frank in with Dana. That's why I was glad to see what I thought was a fighter finally getting a bit of leverage over them in McGregor. Shame it didn't work out, but I'm also glad to see Bellator doing better to improve the likelihood of free agency and thus stopping the UFC from getting everything their own way.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm 100% behind UFC taking a more "sports" feel. They can start by fucking off Face the Pain straight away. Isn't this one just far fucking better?

Stop promoting to meatheads and people with bad tattoos and go for the mainstream money. NASCAR changed it's demo and it's worth an absolute fucking shitload now.

It's a perfect example of White being a stubborn cunt.

thats a perfect example of painting Dana to be the bad guy.

How do you know Dana is the man keeping Face the Pain as the theme music? There's something you don't like and you've just pinned it on Dana.

Being serious though, there has to be a reason why they keep it, im fairly certain Dana was asked about it (sure it was by Ariel), Dana laughed and answered, but his response felt like 'yep, we know it sucks but we're stuck with it. I would actually like to know the real reason for keeping it.

it is strange how all the fans who openly diss Dana seem to have no issue with Lorenzo. Lorenzo is clearly of the same way of way of thinking, yet no one ever talks bad of the guy. Guess it's cause Dana is the mouthpiece.

I'd say that's exactly why.  I'll be honest, I don't even know what the bloke looks like.  But when you're the main media man, it's natural to blame them.  I like the suggestion of using Zuffa, to cover all bases.

• Paid Members

I'd say that's exactly why.  I'll be honest, I don't even know what the bloke looks like.  But when you're the main media man, it's natural to blame them.  I like the suggestion of using Zuffa, to cover all bases.

He's the tanned, roided bloke in a suit, usually stood next to Dana at the weighins,

I'm on the fence with this. I believe Dana is an integral part of the machine, and taking him away would be ultra weird, but I do agree he over steps the mark a lot of the time.

But again though, as much of a say that he has, he's not the head guy making all the decisions. That ultimately falls with the Fertitas. Dana gets hyped up as being the face, but in reality, he's just a yes man to those guys.

Regarding "Face The Pain". After a quick google search I found this on fightland.com. So yeah, perceived sentimental value. 

Dana White said in an interview last year that changing that tune would be the same as replacing Bruce Buffer’s iconic pre-fight announcements.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they fucked both Face The Pain and Bruce Buffer off, to be honest. I don't hate Bruce but he's got to be one of the most overrated ring announcers ever. Poor man's version of his brother.

• Paid Members

Semi? Pfft. A real man goes full Women in Love, in front of the raging fire.

You're only saying that because you look like Alan Bates.

In an ideal world, I'd like a lot of their long-standing practices stood down. Commentators, presentation, music, lighting, etc. I'd like their production to resemble Strikeforce on Showtime circra 2009-2010, only run more efficiently

Archived