UFC bans Helwani

jimufctna24

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they fucked both Face The Pain and Bruce Buffer off, to be honest. I don't hate Bruce but he's got to be one of the most overrated ring announcers ever. Poor man's version of his brother.

He certainly drew the short straw with his brother when it comes to catchphrases.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm 100% behind UFC taking a more "sports" feel. They can start by fucking off Face the Pain straight away. Isn't this one just far fucking better?

Stop promoting to meatheads and people with bad tattoos and go for the mainstream money. NASCAR changed it's demo and it's worth an absolute fucking shitload now.

It's a perfect example of White being a stubborn cunt.

thats a perfect example of painting Dana to be the bad guy.

How do you know Dana is the man keeping Face the Pain as the theme music? There's something you don't like and you've just pinned it on Dana.

Being serious though, there has to be a reason why they keep it, im fairly certain Dana was asked about it (sure it was by Ariel), Dana laughed and answered, but his response felt like 'yep, we know it sucks but we're stuck with it. I would actually like to know the real reason for keeping it.

The reason I know is he came out in an interview from Dana. Jim referenced the interview a few posts above. This, despite the backlash it receives, is just someone being stubborn because they think it represents their history and they like it.

Now of course it's up to them, but the song is so embarrassing to anyone with a pair of working ears that there's absolutely no reason they should be persisting with it.

Here's the article.

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/08/sorry-critics-face-the-pain-to-stay-a-part-of-ufc-broadcasts

• Moderators

Cage Rage is the greatest MMA promotion of all time. Buzz Berry vs Neil Grove is the Flair vs Steamboat of our generation. Or the time one of Andy Geer's construction employees permanently went down by KO vs dodgy building equipment. Geer only put up 5000 for the purse as well. Propa nawty

Archived