Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

It's gotta be Paul Heyman all day long, hasn't it? Given how much he's worshipped by fanboys, he actually seems quite humble. He's not self-absorbed like Gervais is. I'd imagine listening to Heyman for an hour answering questions would be much more interesting that Ricky Gervais.

• Paid Members

tumblr_o9yerrgajS1qf9csoo1_540.jpg tumblr_o9yepiqJFH1qf9csoo1_540.jpg

In more nutter news, I never normally venture up the western end of Wall Street during the work day, but I had to get my phone screen fixed, and that meant repeatedly wandering past the Lyndon LaRuche fanclub. Good tip for shutting them up — telling them that they were covering up the death of LaRuche, who died in 2013. As far as I know, he's still alive, but that really confused them.

ADDED — I want to move to a different office. There are the two biggest (dead, thank god) cockroaches hanging out in the corridor, they've been there all week. Also, I just want to the toilet, looked down, and there was the unmistakable sight of jizz floating on the surface. Fuck. Off.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

ADDED — I want to move to a different office. There are the two biggest (dead, thank god) cockroaches hanging out in the corridor, they've been there all week. Also, I just want to the toilet, looked down, and there was the unmistakable sight of jizz floating on the surface. Fuck. Off.

It's not just your office. Last Monday I went to the loo for my afternoon dump and found that someone had painted the town brown on the floor.

Not even like they had missed the bowl slightly with the edge of a log. Just a massive, honking, horse sized pile of excrement, eyeballing me. Whoever was responsible for that had certainly eaten their Shredded West that morning. Haven't gone at work since.

• Paid Members

When the water at my old company was off for repairs one day, we had a deal with the hotel next door to use their facilities. Apparently, the blokes were really sensible about it, going over to the hotel and politely using their bogs. The women, however, just want to the toilets in our building, until the dry bowls were heaving with shit and the cleaners refused to go in there, so they had to scout around for less discerning cleaners.

Got an attack of the payday mentals and booked Stockholm-Helsinki-Copenhagen round trip for an absolute steal. I was initially going to go to Copenhagen-Gothenburg-Helsinki but it coughed up shit flight times, connection nonsense etc that was all avoided by going Stockholm. Everything is direct, everything is late into the morning, lovely.

It's for a week in November so 2 nights in each city more or less. Probably going to wait a few weeks to book hostels. I'm going by myself too and chalking it up as an experimental writing trip in my head (I have mates but they're going to Asia in August which I couldn't get time off for and this is my way of matching it I guess, plus I enjoy travelling alone).

So yeah. Always wanted to do Scandinavia so I'm stoked to be knocking three capitals out of the park. I'm expecting ludicrous prices, gorgeous sights, moody overcast, initially reserved locals and plenty of getting pissed :).

Anyone any experience or tips for these places?

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Always wanted to do Scandinavia so I'm stoked to be knocking three capitals out of the park.

Helsinki is not a Scandinavian capital, but it is a Nordic one.

Always wanted to do Scandinavia so I'm stoked to be knocking three capitals out of the park.

It's the capital city of Finland, I doubt anyone cares about anything over and above that.

Finland not considered Scandiland? Genuinely had no idea!