UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

But if Penn is telling the truth,

C'mon man!

surely there's something in place where he can provide a doctor's note and thus avoid being pulled from the fight?

No, if it's banned it's banned.

Let's hope none of these fighters are involved in a serious accident then. 

Edit:-

This is from USADA's official site.

All IV infusions and/or injections of more than 50mL (~3.4 tablespoons) per 6-hour period are prohibited, except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital admissions, surgical procedures or clinical investigations. IV infusions and/or injections of more than 50mL per 6-hour period are prohibited at all times, both in- and out-of-competition unless the athlete has applied for and been granted a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) under the applicable anti-doping rules. Further, if a prohibited substance that is administered intravenously or via injection, a TUE is necessary for this substance regardless of volume.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, saying his doctor gave it to him does not qualify since it's none of these:

hospital admissions, surgical procedures or clinical investigations

why would he need a IV in March? Months before his fight, unless he was seriously sick?

To mask PED usage before a test. Probably assumed they wouldn't test for IVs unless it was fight week. Incorrectly assumed IVs were tested for during weight cutting only.

• Paid Members

Yeah, saying his doctor gave it to him does not qualify since it's none of these:

hospital admissions, surgical procedures or clinical investigations

I know, that's why I posted that.

However, the point is it's not flat out banned. There are certain circumstances where IV's are acceptable. 

• Paid Members

What pisses me off about Penn's statement is that despite saying he took the IV under doctor's care, why exactly did he need to take something under doctor's care anyway? I know that he has the right to not release something in public if it's a personal issue, but for him to continue fighting the truth will have to come out anyway. 

He needs to elaborate exactly what circumstances led to him using the IV.

• Paid Members

Bisping was absolutely incredible on the MMA Hour this week. Before watching this the fight was a bit of a non event to me based just on Bisping's chances. However, just listening to the guy during this interview has completely converted me. He's incredible here.

• Paid Members

I've always found BJ to be a douche - like a whiney spoiled child. Never liked the guy. He's is own worst enemy. I've never heard more excuses from someone after they lose.

EeTMz211.jpg

• Paid Members

BJ was worse. As lame as it was, Tito only moaned about injuries he actually had. BJ moaned about Nick Diaz being bigger than him in the cage, even though he agreed to the fight at 170lbs and Nick weighed in at 170. BJ told GSP their fight would be to the death, then he quit on his stool.

I didn't watch UFC when BJ was around but I've watched plenty of footage and it always amused me how he kept calling GSP a quitter in the build up to their fight, only to quit on the stool himself!

I've come to the conclusion he was a great fighter but a massive bellend. 

• Paid Members

Bisping was absolutely incredible on the MMA Hour this week. Before watching this the fight was a bit of a non event to me based just on Bisping's chances. However, just listening to the guy during this interview has completely converted me. He's incredible here.

Fucking hell. Goosebumps. Thanks so much for posting that. He and Ariel are both absolutely phenomenal. It's insane how invested in this fight I've become. If he somehow manages to win that belt I think I'll be even more overjoyed than when Conor beat Aldo. He's genuinely one of the best interviews in all of MMA and pro-wrestling at this point. First that taxi ride before the Anderson Silva fight, and now this. His ability to sell a fight is almost unrivalled.

• Paid Members

That was pretty amazing. I know that, being a wrestling fan and therefore used to the subtleties and realities of hype, I really should know better, but he's actually got me thinking he's got a good chance of winning this. I still think Rockhold is going to win, but I'm a lot more optimistic about Bisping's chances than I was before.

• Paid Members

Bisping is one of the best hype guys in the business, it's part of the reason why i think he deserves this fight almost on merit. He's been in the UFC 10 years and i don't think he's ever been a fight that felt irrelevant, he always gives you a reason to watch.

Bisping has usually failed at the last hurdle but he's one of these guys who has been side tracked with nothing fights because he was trolled into it, or the UFC need him to coach TUF or headline a UK fight, when he could have been facing ranked guys.

Archived