UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Romero & Urijah Hall are lobbying for it too.

I's say Romero has zero chance, Hall perhaps if it was the week of the event, they were desperate and they had no other options.

He has zero chance because he's banned till mid July. Only gay jesus knows why he's lobbying for the fight.

PS, you're all soulless bastards I tell ya. Poor Bisping.

Gay Jesus :D

His suspension was though, or was it reduced to July?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Indeed BOOOOOOOO!

Embarrassingly I'm at work and I reacted to this news like most people would a stabbing.

Bisping is going to get crushed, but I've changed my mind on this and hope he gets his shot. He's put the work in and deserves one chance before he retires.

It hurts.

• Paid Members

Gay Jesus :D

His suspension was though, or was it reduced to July?

I maybe wrong, but I'm pretty sure I remember it was initially reduced to 9 months which he didn't accept, and then whether he went to arbitration or threatened to and it was then further reduced to 6 months which was back dated to Jan 13th.

Yeah I would defo give the shot to Bisping.  With Rockhold and Bisping going back and forth, this could be a bigger drawing show that the one with Weidman.  Also, I don't think that anyone could not say that he was underserving.  Three fight win streak with his last win coming against Silver.  You can't say he's not worthy!

• Paid Members

Yeah I would defo give the shot to Bisping.  With Rockhold and Bisping going back and forth, this could be a bigger drawing show that the one with Weidman.  Also, I don't think that anyone could not say that he was underserving.  Three fight win streak with his last win coming against Silver.  You can't say he's not worthy!

I wouldn't necessarily say worthy is the right term, as throughout his career he's fought the who's who of the middleweight division. However, outside of Silva, he's just flat out failed against the top fighters (fairly or unfairly is another matter). I mentioned earlier that if you look at the guy's current 3 fight win streak it's against an obviously past it Anderson Silva, an average at best Thales Laites, and a dire CB Dollaway. None of the wins were particularly convincing either. 

Prior to that he was easily beaten by Rockhold (and we've already seen the back and forth between the two) and worryingly comfortably beaten by Tim Kennedy.

I will say this though, he probably gets the shot as there's fuck all other option as Romero is banned and Jacare is probably carrying an injury.

I feel rotten saying this as I really like Bisping. He's such a nice guy in person and wish nothing but the best for him when he fights, but there is a reason why the UFC are holding off giving him the shot ahead of Jacare who just fought. They know it's not a competitive fight. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, agree with lamby. I really like Bisping - always been a fan. But he doesn't deserve a shot unless there's really nobody else ready. He got smashed by Rockhold last time. Rockhold just stood there and laughed at Bispings power. I wouldn't be excited for the fight, because it'd be the same as last time - maybe even worse for Bisping. The guy really does have zero power.

• Paid Members

I don't know. In a sort of Rocky v Apollo Creed way, I'm interested in Bisping getting his one and probably only shot at the champ. On paper, Rockhold smashes him, but who knows it's MMA and maybe Rockhold wins but declares after a surprising 5 rounds "there ain't gonna be no rematch".

I know realistically it's going to resemble Drago v Creed.

• Paid Members

15 career KO/TKO's does not equal zero power.

I've never seen him KO anyone except in his early fights 12 years ago against jobbers.

I've seen TKOs (ref stoppages) due to sheer volume against someone not defending. But nothing ever had any power. He's never KO'd anyone in UFC. He really does have no power - that's not a myth.

• Paid Members

15 career KO/TKO's does not equal zero power.

I've never seen him KO anyone except in his early fights 12 years ago against jobbers.

I've seen TKOs (ref stoppages) due to sheer volume against someone not defending. But nothing ever had any power. He's never KO'd anyone in UFC. He really does have no power - that's not a myth.

I think the closest he's had to a big punch KO in the UFC is when he put Jorge Rivera down onto one knee (and that was after the dodgy knee to the head)

Happy to see him finally get the title shot he's been long after. Not that I think he's going to win, especially given the circumstances, but nethertheless I do think he's deserved a crack at the title after such a long and consistent career.

The fight will be a week after his 10 year anniversary in the UFC. To still be hanging right near the best in the world after that timespan and after how much the game has changed since, is a testament to how much of a pro (and often underrated fighter) he really is. Credit where credit is due, the man is a true pioneer of UK and arguably European MMA and if anyone was to be the first Brit to capture UFC gold - there's no one more fitting of that than him. It would be a great moment to see him do it.

• Paid Members

I definitely think Bisping deserves the shot. Anderson's not the force he was but it's still a win over Anderson Silva. And Leites was on good form going into the Bisping fight and was unbeaten in his current UFC stint. I've never been one of those people who thought Bisping was hard done by when he never got title shots before, because he always lost the crucial fights. But this is the first time in his UFC career that I think he genuinely deserves it. The Kennedy and Rockhold losses were bad but they were in 2014 and he's been winning since then (including his career best win over Anderson). Those losses shouldn't be held against him forever. Weidman lost to Rockhold, decisively, just five months ago.

Plus Jacare isn't available because his knee is fucked. If Weidman's out and Jacare's not an option, who would've been a better fit than Bisping?

I'm chuffed for him. He's almost certainly going to lose so I understand why some don't find the rematch all that appealing. But you can't not give him a shot just because you think he's got no chance.

Archived