UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Only just got around to watching that 'WEAK AS PISS' interview.

:laugh:

He left Rockhold in the dust in that interview. Shame he's about to catch an arse kicking but I love his confidence. His self belief is unreal. And it's not like a McGregor thing. Everyone goes on about McGregor's self confidence but it's easy to believe in yourself when you're knocking out Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. Bisping's had more ups and downs than a Yo-Yo, he's been knocked unconscious, battered, submitted, outgrappled, outstruck, he's fallen at the final hurdle a bunch of times, the lot. And he's still got this unshakeable belief in himself. It's mad.

He's up there with the best fight hypers in MMA at the moment as well. I mentioned it at the time but that little promo he cut in the back of a taxi at the end of his last Helwani interview for the Anderson Silva fight was gold.

"I see a ground and pound victory, a ground and pound stoppage. Round two. I'm gonna put it on him from the start. He's never fought anybody with my footwork, with my confidence, with my movement, with my variety of strikes, with my wrestling. I can put it all together. I'm stronger, I'm faster...

Listen, all that aside, cut all that bullshit! I want it more than Anderson. It's as simple as that. I want it more and you can't put it any simpler than that. Everywhere he goes he has a huge entourage. The open workouts he's got twenty people with him. I'm there, just me and my boxing coach. And you might say that's because he's a big star or whatever...I want this more. Friday night I'm there by myself, pitch black, out running the pavements. Screaming because I'm pushing my body so hard, pushing it to the limit. If I'm running past people they must think 'this guy's crazy'. On my own. Nobody. By myself. I guarantee you he's not doing that. He doesn't want this like I want it. FACT! And I'm gonna win this fight!"

It won't happen but if, IF, Bisping somehow pulls this off...he's probably got 'Fighter Of The Year' sewn up for me this year. It'd take something truly special to top Bisping beating Anderson Silva then winning the title by beating Luke Rockhold, on short notice to boot. That'd be mental.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

yeh it would be a crazy story, there's always the chance that Rockhold completely underestimates Bisping this time around too. I'd love to see him pull it off.

• Paid Members

Come on though, Herbie. If we're holding having shit tattoos against fighters then McGregor is a worse offender with Tony The Tiger on his abs and the PG Tips monkey on his chest.

Yeah, McGregors tats are shit - but angel wings are the lamest thing ever due to the religious connotations, as well as looking completely bent.

Part of me wants to believe Bisping can do it, after all I completely wrote him off when he fought Silva and he went and done it but I just cant see him knocking him out (Its a well known fact Bisping isn't a finisher) and I just can't see the Judges giving it to Bisping in America against an American guy, that shit just doesn't happen in the fight game.

Still it's cool Bisping finally gets his shot, for all his hard work over the years his legacy deserves to be more than TUF winner.

• Paid Members

Fuck sake.

In many ways i dont want this comeback to happen cause its sad seeing a great fighter try to carry on, stuff like this is just shit though. Just hang em up BJ.

• Paid Members

I've always found BJ to be a douche - like a whiney spoiled child. Never liked the guy. He's is own worst enemy. I've never heard more excuses from someone after they lose.

• Paid Members

BJ Penn yesterday:-

"I voluntarily disclosed to USADA that during a non-fight period that I had an IV administered under the care of a doctor. The rule for IV usage had changed since my last fight in the UFC and was unaware of the change and voluntarily disclosed the information to USADA. I had no idea that IV use was banned 365 days a year."

Then July last year:-

"I love the new PED and IV ban in the UFC. I never took an IV in my life after a weigh-in. IVs are for wimps! "

"It's the biggest joke ever. If you aren't sticking needles in your arm to fight the guy gets a 15 pound advantage."

I know obviously he's referring to IV's specifically after weigh in's, but the fact he came out so vocally in support of banning IV's is just idiotic on his part doing what he's done. 

• Paid Members

I dunno - just playing devil's advocate, it reads to me like he thought they were just banned for fight campaigns, and that that was what he supported. He makes it clear he had it only during a non-fight period, so the statements aren't necessarily conflicting.

He's still an idiot either way, though, or someone in his camp is. He's supposed to know the rules, and if it's a bit of info he's missed, someone else should've told him.

• Paid Members

I dunno - just playing devil's advocate, it reads to me like he thought they were just banned for fight campaigns, and that that was what he supported. He makes it clear he had it only during a non-fight period, so the statements aren't necessarily conflicting.

He's still an idiot either way, though, or someone in his camp is. He's supposed to know the rules, and if it's a bit of info he's missed, someone else should've told him.

It's not really the fact he's calling IV's for pussys for rehydration, it's the fact he's come out publically in support of the IV ban and because of this you would assume he's actually read what the IV ban entails?

That said, I hadn't a clue there was an IV ban out of competition? All the reports that I read at the time only talked about them being used for rehydration after weigh in's.  I'm not even sure how you can even police that? Surely if it's under doctor's orders then USADA don't have a leg to stand on?

• Paid Members

IVs can be using to mask PED usage, so they likely test for IVs when you get randomly tested in or out of competition. As long as you're under UFC contract, you can be tested any time. Obviously IVs are part of that testing.

Fuck him - he's an idiot anyway.

• Paid Members

IVs can be using to mask PED usage, so they likely test for IVs when you get randomly tested in or out of competition. As long as you're under UFC contract, you can be tested any time. Obviously IVs are part of that testing.

Fuck him - he's an idiot anyway.

IV's being used for masking PED usage was the main reason why it was introduced in the first place, despite all the talk from fighters about rehydration. But if Penn is telling the truth, and it was via a doctor's order, surely there's something in place where he can provide a doctor's note and thus avoid being pulled from the fight?

What would happen in the event of someone being involved in a minor accident that resulted in the use of an IV, would they still be provisionally banned despite it being out of competition? 

Then again I'm guessing Penn is classed as in competition since he's within 2 weeks of his fight? Fuck knows.

However, you're right, he's a tit. Fuck him. 

• Paid Members

But if Penn is telling the truth,

C'mon man!

surely there's something in place where he can provide a doctor's note and thus avoid being pulled from the fight?

No, if it's banned it's banned.

I think it would be different if it was administered in a Hospital, a doctor can be corrupt, just like we've seen with everybody getting TRT or Wrestlers from Benoit's era getting all sorts of steroids and other drugs.

I don't think he'll get a 2 year ban or it ruining his legacy, it's still weird though, why would he need a IV in March? Months before his fight, unless he was seriously sick?

March was around the same time those sexual assault charges were filed wasn't it? so it may have had something to do with that.

Archived