UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

ahhh yeah, i forgot about that.

Yeah, I think it was because of the criticism they got over Bonnar & Griffin, and Mask Lewis too, who went into the contributors wing. And they made a pioneers wing for all the guy who were inducted pre-Zuffa.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Didn't know they were doing a Bad Blood for Cruz vs Faber 3, so cheers for that. Just watched it now and it's really good. Well worth a viewing for those who weren't watching when the feud was going originally as well as it covers everything from 2007 to now.

The closer it's getting the more I'm expecting a really good fight out of Cruz and Faber. I don't fancy Faber's chances of actually winning much but this fight is big for him. At 37, and with all his failed attempts at a UFC title previously, it's shit or bust pretty much for old Arse Chin now. Add in that it's Cruz, his arch nemesis, standing in his way, I think it'll bring out the best in Faber. I don't think it'll be enough but I'm expecting a good fight.

• Paid Members

I can't watch the clip either, but if it's to do with the title of the video I actually believe he's right. I think Anderson Silva is still the greatest of all time in what he did and achieved, but just looking at the two at their peaks, it's hard to disagree.

Rockhold is one of the new bread of MMA fighters. Athletically he's on another level to Anderson Silva. Physically he's a 6ft3 monster who's got the complete package. On the ground he's a freak and I've mentioned in the past his frame allows this unique movement on the ground. His kicks are a thing of beauty and he's been able to bring power into his punches too.

The fact is MMA has moved on from Anderson's days and fighter's like Rockhold are bringing it to new levels. 

I'm not so sure that we can talk about fighters like Rockhold taking the sport to new levels when he's not even defended his title yet.

Once a few of these new breed fighters puts together something resembling a run then we can maybe revisit.

• Paid Members

I'm not so sure that we can talk about fighters like Rockhold taking the sport to new levels when he's not even defended his title yet.

Once a few of these new breed fighters puts together something resembling a run then we can maybe revisit.

Have to disagree. Defending a title is great for the legacy of a fighter, but it doesn't change their talent. I said fighter's as well, not just Rockhold, and I'd place fighters like Johnson, Jones and a few others in that category. 

I know where you're getting at though when you talk about title defences as I'm sure there is an argument to be had there. But I'm just talking about a fighter's talent and mma skills here. 

• Paid Members

What's going to be interesting for 199 are the new weigh in rules that the CSAC have implemented. There's all these new hydration rules and fighters can now weigh in as early as 10am on Friday. 

Is this the first UFC weigh in in history where the broadcasted weigh in isn't actually going to be the true weigh in? 

I was also watching mmafighting's video interviewing the fighters on the card on their opinions and what was worrying is that even they didn't know the full breakdown of the rules. 

• Paid Members

When do the colourful Reebok uniforms come in? I remember someone posted a picture on here not too long ago of the Reebok fight gear with added colour and said they'd be brought in soon, but I can't find the post now. Sick of the black and white in every single fight.

• Paid Members

When do the colourful Reebok uniforms come in? I remember someone posted a picture on here not too long ago of the Reebok fight gear with added colour and said they'd be brought in soon, but I can't find the post now. Sick of the black and white in every single fight.

Gok Wand

Have to disagree. Defending a title is great for the legacy of a fighter, but it doesn't change their talent. I said fighter's as well, not just Rockhold, and I'd place fighters like Johnson, Jones and a few others in that category. 

I know where you're getting at though when you talk about title defences as I'm sure there is an argument to be had there. But I'm just talking about a fighter's talent and mma skills here. 

Again, for me these new guys aren't bringing the sport to new levels unless they're at least going some way to replicating the success of the guys they're claiming to overshadow.

Guys like Jones and Johnson can make that claim, but Rockhold? He's got a bit to go before he can even mention himself in the same sentence as the likes of Anderson.

Archived