UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping 2

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Most fighters want to go out on their shield, Bisping i imagine will want to do that as much as anyone. If there's one thing no one can ever question of Bisping, it's his heart and bravery, guy is fearless.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I certainly don't blame him for taking the title shot. It's a last chance, really.

I'm just saying that as far as closing his career in the perfect way, the win over Anderson on British soil was it.

• Paid Members

Bisping can say he thinks he's getting better all the time, but I don't think he honestly believes that.

He's older, he's slower, his eye is damaged, he's taken a beating from a guy that most consider to be past his best, and he's going into a fight with a champion who manhandled him last time and he looked considerably bigger on fight night if I remember correctly.

Possibly he does, maybe he doesn't. Bisping, despite having one good eye and what not, is still a top 5 fighter currently. He's winning fights, so he's hardly showing signs of a massive decline.

Despite this, he will get smashed by Rockhold. I hope I'm wrong, like, but Weidman and Rockhold are clearly better than everybody else.

• Paid Members

Despite this, he will get smashed by Rockhold. I hope I'm wrong, like, but Weidman and Rockhold are clearly better than everybody else.

I still think Jacare's in that race. Romero's up there as well but the jury's kind of out on him until we see how he looks fighting off the old secret special supplements.

I can see Jacare giving both Rockhold and Weidman a serious test though.

• Paid Members

Middleweight is brilliant at the moment. The top of the division is loaded with beasts - Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare and Romero. Then you've got the guys like Bisping, Anderson, Vitor etc who are closer to the end of their careers but can still go.

I get Dave's point that Bisping retiring after the Anderson win would've been fitting. And in hindsight after next Saturday, we'll probably all be saying that. But you can't blame him for sticking around for that title shot that's eluded him all these years. Even though he was originally booked against Robert Whittaker, he must've known he was close to title contention after the Anderson win and the little series of wins he'd put together. He was never going to walk away when the title shot was still on the cards.

I get Dave's point that Bisping retiring after the Anderson win would've been fitting. And in hindsight after next Saturday, we'll probably all be saying that. But you can't blame him for sticking around for that title shot that's eluded him all these years. Even though he was originally booked against Robert Whittaker, he must've known he was close to title contention after the Anderson win and the little series of wins he'd put together. He was never going to walk away when the title shot was still on the cards.

You think so? The fact he got booked against Robert Whittaker, even after beating Anderson suggested to me that they had no plans to put him in for the title at all.

You had the rematch between Weidman and Rockhold, then you had Jacare, then you had Romero. Bisping was further down the pecking order than all of those guys.

• Paid Members

True but, like you say yourself, he was booked against Whittaker because there were other challengers ahead of him. From Bisping's POV he'd probably be thinking 'I'm on the right track, I'm coming off the biggest win of my career and these guys ahead of me are unreliable'. Weidman's injury prone, Jacare's had his fair share of injuries and Romero's mired in the stench of PEDs. Bisping must've been thinking he had a decent chance and sneaking in there and nabbing the title shot but it's worked out way better for him than even he could've imagined. To have both Weidman AND Jacare injured at the same time plus Romero out of the picture - it's a massive stroke of luck for Bisping.

• Paid Members

I just listened to Rogan and co have this exact discussion on the recent Fight Companion. They sort of made both points, in that clearly UFC would rather have Jacare in there, but Rogan said if Bisping keeps winning he'd surely eventually get a shot. Either way, he got his shot because he's luckily fit and is currently number 4 in the division.

• Paid Members

wasn't the Whitaker fight planned for Australia? or am i wrong about that? Bisping's popularity probably works against him at times because the UFC could use him to push Whitaker's cause more than his, a Bisping win would be huge for Whitaker, whilst Bisping winning would be expected amongst the masses. I'm just happy the cards fell right for him.

Whittaker is the only guy in the MW top 15 who is under 30, think he's about 25, so they are probably seeing him as a future contender in 3-4 years and Bisping might beat him but he's not going to crack his chin and take years off him.

Romero is 2 years older than Bisping and Jacare is a year younger.

Bisping has been fighting longer than anyone in the division besides Anderson & Vitor, so he probably has miles in the click but he's probably a lot fight savvy now, than he was 5-10 years ago.

Rockhold comes in and completely underestimates him, Bisping could cause an upset.

• Paid Members

Can't believe this card is this weekend. I know Bisping has only had 2 weeks notice, but it's just felt like yesterday that it was announced. 

Went onto the UFC youtube channel and was shocked to see episode 2 of embedded is already up. 

Here's ep 1 

Ep 2

Archived