McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

11 hours ago, Chunk said:

What else was he ever going to get, to be fair? First crime etc etc.

You think if I went to New York on holiday and hurled a steel dolly at a bus full of people I'd get let off because it's my first crime? 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, David said:

You think if I went to New York on holiday and hurled a steel dolly at a bus full of people I'd get let off because it's my first crime? 

Not certain, but I think Chunk was making the point that, because McG's now TBTF, he was always going to get all possible circumstances put his way, like first crime, and so on, more than any non-celeb.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, David said:

Well firstly he didn't get 'let off'.

21 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Not certain, but I think Chunk was making the point that, because McG's now TBTF, he was always going to get all possible circumstances put his way, like first crime, and so on, more than any non-celeb.

Secondly, this. I'm not saying it's the right decision, I'm just saying I don't see why anyone was expecting anything different.

Also, I'm not sure you'd get much more of a serious sentence if you did it either. What do you think you'd get? 5 years in prison or something?

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I'm not sure they'd have felt compelled to strip Colby to get a WW title fight on 230, if there was a chance they could get Conor/Khabib on that show.

November seems to make the most sense, I think.

December (for Conor v Khabib), you mean?

I forgot they did that for the 230 show. Although I don't think it means it can't happen. The UFC maybe feel the need or want to stack their MSG cards because it's MSG - I'm aware they don't have to for Conor, but the other argument is it can give other champions a lot more exposure on a Conor card. WW is one of the few divisions free for a title scrap too, outside of some daft interim, of course.

This is, of course, all speculation. They usually go all out for the December show too.

Edited by ColinBollocks

10 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Also, I'm not sure you'd get much more of a serious sentence if you did it either. What do you think you'd get? 5 years in prison or something?

Well, a fifteen year old kid with no previous criminal record was given five years in jail for stealing a pair of trainers worth $100, so I think if I hurled a steel trolley at a bus full of people I'd likely get at least that, no?

Then again, I'd maybe get time off such a sentence for being a good egg, and for not being black.