McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

Watching Judge Rinder and two lads are on there regarding a bet they made for McGregor vs Aldo. Amazing!

I never knew it went that far between David and Herbie. 

It was Gooner I bet £100 with, and then he weaselled out when I looked for payment. Tried to laugh it off as if I was dragging up old posts. "Lol, why are you bringing something old up?" (via PM)

The boxing license, days after getting his belt ripped from him, raised a smile. The timing of it all is brilliant.

The only way the Mayweather fight happens is if UFC grant him a favour, in the same way WWE did with Lesnar fighting in the UFC, which is probably unlikely unless they're desperate.

Mcgregor may now be so big that he's able to demand what he likes.

Without Mcgregor, the current outlook of the UFC is bleak as fuck financially and after spending 4.2bn, he could easily have them bent over Marsellus Wallace style. 

If Mcgregor has the conviction, he could say to the new owners, 'allow me to box 1 or 2 fights, or I will never fight for you again.' He always said his intention was to retire early from the sport, and he's got more than enough money now to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

He's also achieved as much as he possibly can in the sport by achieving a feat that has never been done before. Right now the UFC need him far more than he needs them. 

I think the UFC will (and have) cut him a lot of slack due to the interest he generates, but I don't see them going as far as allowing him to fight outside the organisation.

Think about it this way, he's made decent coin thus far. Not outrageous money, but excellent by MMA standards. If he were to box Mayweather he'd made a hell of a lot, which then begs the question, why the fuck would he come back to the UFC at all? He'd likely jack in MMA altogether, leaving the UFC high & dry.

Nah, it's more likely the UFC put it to him that he can either work with them and continue making very good money by MMA standards, or he can sit on the shelf during a long legal battle to get out of his contract. By sitting on the shelf he gets older, the interest in him starts to wane and the world moves on without him.

It's a stunt. He's not boxing anyone unless the UFC are involved and making money from it.

Nobody would licence him against May weather in a Boxing match, the guy is 49-0, Conor is 0-0, maybe Texas at a push.

He's not fighting anybody that's below that level as he would make the same money in MMA

Edited by the_mole

Nobody would licence him against May weather in a Boxing match, the guy is 49-0, Conor is 0-0, maybe Texas at a push.

He's not fighting anybody that's below that level as he would make the same money in MMA

In an exhibition fight he could though, couldn't he?

Come on, as much as I don't see it happening due to the UFC and his contract, you can't honestly tell me that you think California or any other commission are gonna say "nope, don't want the money. Go elsewhere."

Probably one of those click bait articles on ESPN but apparently Conor didn't take kindly to being asked about supplements for the first Diaz fight. He was meant to be taking something that will be added to the banned list next year. As I say probably clickbait cack. Plus I couldn't see a date for the article

http://espnmobile.co.uk/mma/conor-mcgregor-denies-steroid-accusations-twt/?adid=BTS&sxid=c3nvgmenphrc&tid=3244383036796759767143414262736a44576254687965455a6256714d586951

• Paid Members

In an exhibition fight he could though, couldn't he?

Come on, as much as I don't see it happening due to the UFC and his contract, you can't honestly tell me that you think California or any other commission are gonna say "nope, don't want the money. Go elsewhere."

if they'd sanction James Toney to fight Randy Couture, id say there's a good chance of them sanctioning such a fight. It'll still never happen though.

• Paid Members

Probably one of those click bait articles on ESPN but apparently Conor didn't take kindly to being asked about supplements for the first Diaz fight. He was meant to be taking something that will be added to the banned list next year. As I say probably clickbait cack. Plus I couldn't see a date for the article

http://espnmobile.co.uk/mma/conor-mcgregor-denies-steroid-accusations-twt/?adid=BTS&sxid=c3nvgmenphrc&tid=3244383036796759767143414262736a44576254687965455a6256714d586951

Even if it is true, what's the issue? It wasn't banned when (if) he was taking it.

I'm in work so can't look but if it's what I seen and clicked on from Facebook the other week, it's pure clickbait. It goes on to advertise and offer free trials of the supplement in question as well as discussing how great the supplement is for weight loss.

Probably one of those click bait articles on ESPN but apparently Conor didn't take kindly to being asked about supplements for the first Diaz fight. He was meant to be taking something that will be added to the banned list next year. As I say probably clickbait cack. Plus I couldn't see a date for the articlehttp://espnmobile.co.uk/mma/conor-mcgregor-denies-steroid-accusations-twt/?adid=BTS&sxid=c3nvgmenphrc&tid=3244383036796759767143414262736a44576254687965455a6256714d586951

Even if it is true, what's the issue? It wasn't banned when (if) he was taking it.

Yeah that's what I thought, FUM pretty much confirmed it. Thanks chaps.

• Paid Members

Conor has reportedly signed on to appear in Game of Thrones.

Remember leading into the Dustin Poirier fight, when Dustin kept going on about how, "he'll learn..." as if Conor would one day come around to Dustin's way of behaving? I think about that a lot.

All these fighters have spent forever acting as if Conor's doing it all wrong, and yet look at him now. He's set for life, staring in the biggest computer games and TV shows on the planet, whereas these chumps have no choice but to keep fighting forever, making their 40 grand to show 40 grand to win, if they're lucky.

Maybe one day they'll learn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Conor is doing one of those, " An Experence With..." events in Manchester later this month. I was considering going. Maybe even paying a bit extra to meet him and get a photo. Look at these fucking prices though.

An Experience With Conor McGregor

In a WORLD EXCLUSIVE, the notorious Conor McGregor will appear at a Black Tie Dinner experience at Event City Manchester on the 28th January 2017.

A WORLD EXCLUSIVE live on-stage interview with the man himself Conor McGregor.

The event filmed and produced by a major TV network, first of a series of global showcases of 'An Experience With'

1000 Black tie diners, surrounded by thousands in stadium seating.

5* quality dinner.

Live Music act promoting new chart single TBA.

Talented impressionist Al Foran as evening compere, see him HERE

A breathtaking McGregor on-stage entrance.

Big Band Orchestra State 51 with Rat Pack singer playing throughout the dinner.

Stunning auction with signed bespoke McGregor memorabilia, with something for every budget.

HUGE production with unseen McGregor video and photos shown throughout the interview on giant screens.

Celebrity interviewer TBA.

Professional Photo and Meet and Greet upgrade opportunities.

Chances to WIN McGregor related prizes in the event Prize Draw.

Official After-Party 'Notorious After Dark' at the purpose built nightclub on site at Event City (Announcement coming soon)

TICKET PACKAGES:

STADIUM SEATING (STANDARD)

McGregor LIVE on stage WORLD EXCLUSIVE Interview.

Big Band Orchestra with Rat Pack singer.

On-site bars and merchandise stalls.

£25 PER TICKET

STADIUM SEATING (PRIME)

McGregor LIVE on stage WORLD EXCLUSIVE Interview.

Big Band Orchestra with Rat Pack singer

On-site bars and merchandise stalls

£35 PER TICKET

SILVER DINNER

All of above +

High quality 3-course dinner

Inclusive high-quality evening programme

Stunning charity auction of bespoke exclusively signed McGregor memorabilia

£125 PER TICKET (For table of 10 bookings click HERE)

GOLD DINNER (Limited Availability)

All of above +

PRIME table location

Drinks package on your table, Wine, Beers & soft drinks

Possibility for YOU to ask McGregor a question during the WORLD EXCLUSIVE interview (Email your question, we will select the best)

Chances to win a Meet & Greet and Photo with McGregor & other prizes

£200 PER TICKET (For table of 10 bookings click HERE)

VIP DINNER (Limited Availability)

All of above +

Premium table location.

Champagne reception with canapés on arrival in our fabulous VIP area.

Table service for duration of evening.

Mingle with other celebrities at the VIP Reception (confirmed list 1 week prior to the event)

Welcome drinks package on table, Champagne, Wine and Beers

£300 PER TICKET (For table of 10 bookings click HERE)

PLATINUM DINNER (Limited Availability)

All of above +

Super-premium table location. Front of house seats.

Inclusive tickets to the Official After-Party 'Notorious After Dark'.

£400 PER TICKET (For table of 10 bookings click HERE)

UPGRADES:

(YOU MUST FIRST PURCHASE A DINNER PACKAGE TICKET BEFORE PURCHASING AN UPGRADE)

PROFESSIONAL PHOTO WITH CONOR

£250 (1 person in the photo) (SOLD OUT)

£450 (2 persons in the photo) (SOLD OUT)

Includes:

Having a professional picture taken with Conor McGregor, meet him in person, shake his hand.

Stunning high quality frame, 22'' x 17'' with McGregor montage - see example below.

Free digital copy so you can share online/use on social media.

Photos developed instantly to take home and treasure forever!

NOTE- Upgrades are only available with dinner tickets, we must stress that for any reason an upgrade goes through linked to a tier ticket, the order will be cancelled and refunded'

MEET AND GREET (SOLD OUT)

£750 (Per Person)

Includes:

Meet and Greet drinks reception with Conor in VIP area for approx 20- 25 minutes.

Professional photo included as stated above + Digital photo taken within the Meet and Greet room.

Chance to get a photo or programme signed and take a selfie.

Jesus. I'll do nothin. I'll do fuckin' nothin.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Not really sure what the hell this is, but it does show that Mcgregor isn't as bad an actor as you might think. I'm not saying he's great, but he's not terrible. 

Edited by Chunk