McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

I would be surprised if McGregor fights at Featherweight in the foreseeable future. I think he'll vacate in the new year. and keep the fact that he didn't lose the title inside the cage as a back-up option - just in case things go pear-shaped elsewhere. 

I think McGregor's next fight will be against either Diaz, Ferguson or a shot at the Welterweight title. I could see an announcement coming once McGregor finishes his "break" The latter fight is probably what McGregor will publicly strive for. The seeds have been planted for a fight with Woodley. However, there's the small matter of the Wonderboy rematch, which really has to happen. 

It will be riveting to see how it all pans out. I'm along for the ride. 

• Paid Members

For me Aldo needs to go out there and beat everyone in the division until Mcgregor has no alternative to either face him or vacate the belt.

If Aldo beats the winner of Pettis and Holloway there really are no more options for Mcgregor at FW.

Whilst there are still other viable Featherweight options it gives Mcgregor get outs into coming back down to face Aldo.

In reality if Aldo swallows his pride for one more fight he could increase his bargaining power 10 fold by finally being able to call Conor's bluff.

Sorry Lamby, but that's absolute shite mate.

I don't think it's fair to Aldo but what choice does he have David?

Sit on his arse while Mcgregor sits on his?

If Aldo has cleared out his division along with all other challengers who's an option for Mcgregor, Mcgregor will have no choice but to either accept the Aldo fight or alternatively drop the belt.

At the moment Mcgregor's camp insist he can still reach 145 llbs.

• Paid Members

Its simple, if McGregor's next fight isn't going to be at 145lb, Aldo needs to defend his interim title and carry on as if he's the champ. If McGregor one day decides to come back down he's going to get first crack at the defending interim (by that point likely full champion) champion anyways.

For me Aldo needs to go out there and beat everyone in the division until Mcgregor has no alternative to either face him or vacate the belt.

If Aldo beats the winner of Pettis and Holloway there really are no more options for Mcgregor at FW.

Whilst there are still other viable Featherweight options it gives Mcgregor get outs into coming back down to face Aldo.

In reality if Aldo swallows his pride for one more fight he could increase his bargaining power 10 fold by finally being able to call Conor's bluff.

Sorry Lamby, but that's absolute shite mate.

I don't think it's fair to Aldo but what choice does he have David?

Sit on his arse while Mcgregor sits on his?

If Aldo has cleared out his division along with all other challengers who's an option for Mcgregor, Mcgregor will have no choice but to either accept the Aldo fight or alternatively drop the belt.

At the moment Mcgregor's camp insist he can still reach 145 llbs.

The answer is quite simple really. Either McGregor agrees to face Aldo to unify the titles within the next six months or the UFC strip him, and Aldo is awarded the title.

At that point he can move forward and face the other challengers.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see McGregor knock Woodley out cold. I highly doubt it'd happen but it would warm my heart.

I've seen a few times recently, people basically saying 'For some reason, fans don't like Tyron Woodley'. As if it's some baffling mystery. But it's easy to see why people find him pretty easy to dislike if you listen to any interview with him. He always comes across to me as a bit abrasive and he always seems super defensive when being asked questions. Like he's just looking for an excuse to be offended by the questions. He was like it at the 205 post-fight presser actually at times. Someone asked him something like 'at times it looked like you were having a hard time landing shots' and Woodley cut in going 'who has an easy time landing shots on Wonderboy?' or something like that. He's correct but it's the way he says it. That's just one example of many. He just comes off as a bit of a contrary dick all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a bad guy. And at times he's come across as a top man, like when he fought Gastelum and he refused to take a % of Gastelum's purse for missing weight. How many guys would do that? But I don't really get why people would be surprised that fans haven't taken to him. He's got all the charm of a bag of compost.

• Paid Members

was? he ain't dead.

i quite like Hendricks, ive mentioned on here previously but he used to be a regular guest on MMAJunkie radio back in the day and i thought he always came off as a good guy. I always felt peoples negative's feelings toward him all stemmed from him taking a loss badly in the octagon (think it was the GSP fight), thought it was harsh to hold that against him though given the circumstances

ahhh well, each to their own :)

I'm not overly keen on Woodley. However, he did receive some racist tweets after he won the title. That my explain why he's a stand offish in interviews. I'm not going to play this down. MMA fans and social media can be a bad combination. We found that out with some of the domestic violence scandals a few years back. 

I get the feeling that Woodley thinks he should be bigger than he is. He references the untapped "African American market". Personally, I don't see it, and it's nothing to do with his skin colour. Some of the biggest names in MMA history have been black.  Woodley is not Rampage Jackson - who while could be a complete knob - was a marketing dream. He's not as likeable as Rashad or D.C either - the latter of whom was wildly embraced by MMA fans up until recently (even then, they sided with fucking Jones over him, so go figure) He's nowhere near as established - or the fighter - that Anderson Silva was either. 

Hendricks is worse though. His voice really grates on me. That interview with the belt that Herbie posted is another example of why I grew to dislike him. He's never said or done anything too bad, but he's just impossible to warm to. 

• Paid Members

Hendricks is worse though. His voice really grates on me. That interview with the belt that Herbie posted is another example of why I grew to dislike him. He's never said or done anything too bad, but he's just impossible to warm to. 

Punctuating every sentence with "you know what I mean" and constantly spitting tobacco spit into clear water bottles. Annoying.