McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

See McGregor's got some security guards for some death threats he's received, fair enough if it's a short term thing but hopefully he doesn't fall in to the trap that hundreds of boxers have.

You pay about 20 people to hang around you all day basically just being paid to be friends and run the odd favour, you pay some of these people to be your body guards when you are a great fighter yourself and all your doing is stopping fans getting close, you retire and these hangers on still stick around until you can't afford to pay them and now you're skint and have to make a comeback and those hangers on try and get back in with you.

Fucking hell mole  :laugh:

• Paid Members

See McGregor's got some security guards for some death threats he's received, fair enough if it's a short term thing but hopefully he doesn't fall in to the trap that hundreds of boxers have.

You pay about 20 people to hang around you all day basically just being paid to be friends and run the odd favour, you pay some of these people to be your body guards when you are a great fighter yourself and all your doing is stopping fans getting close, you retire and these hangers on still stick around until you can't afford to pay them and now you're skint and have to make a comeback and those hangers on try and get back in with you.

Fucking hell mole  :laugh:

i've only just read this. Jesus Mole, or he's just getting a couple of bodyguards to watch over his safety?

I'm a total casual who knows nothing about the backstage workings of MMA - how likely are we to see McGregor vs Diaz re-added to 200?

McGregor is ready to go, but it seems unlikely based on what Dana is saying.

When the prospect of it occurring at UFC 202 in August was broached to White, he seemed very open to it.

I'm a total casual who knows nothing about the backstage workings of MMA - how likely are we to see McGregor vs Diaz re-added to 200?

No chance at all, they have a main event announced now.

The fight will just happen another time.

• Paid Members

McGregor is ready to go, but it seems unlikely based on what Dana is saying.

When the prospect of it occurring at UFC 202 in August was broached to White, he seemed very open to it.

This is what baffled me from the very start. As early as the very first 200 press conference, White was going on about Mcgregor probably fighting at 201,202 etc. Yet they hadn't even had any communication at that point. What makes him think Mcgregor will request anything different in his preparation and promo work this time around? 

He will still demand that he has all the time to train.

Edited by lambyUK

• Paid Members

This is still based on the assumption that McGregor's claims about not wanting to do press etc were true & it wasn't about money/control. Something that most seem to have dismissed.

After Conor made his moves & they seemingly backfired, pulled from 200, told he wouldn't be on the NYC card & resulting in Kavanagh crying on social media that the UFC were taking it too far etc. I'd guess that McGregor has accepted that he's in a pretty good place, is still earning megabucks & it's time to get back to work.

• Paid Members

This is still based on the assumption that McGregor's claims about not wanting to do press etc were true & it wasn't about money/control. Something that most seem to have dismissed.

After Conor made his moves & they seemingly backfired, pulled from 200, told he wouldn't be on the NYC card & resulting in Kavanagh crying on social media that the UFC were taking it too far etc. I'd guess that McGregor has accepted that he's in a pretty good place, is still earning megabucks & it's time to get back to work.

What I wrote really is directly in relation to money and control. The control aspect was Mcgregor believing he could dictate what he wants, and the money is that he believes he should be paid to promote. 

I think Mcgregor is too stubborn to just accept what he's told to do, which is why I believe some middle ground will be found. 

I think it's a case of Conor thought he was big enough of a star not to go. Now he realises he's not.

Conor: I'm not doing the press conference.

Dana: Okay your off the card.

Conor: I'm retiring then.

Dana: Ok put it in writing and we can strip you of your belt.

Conor: I'm not retiring, I'm ready to fight! Please!

Dana: Nope.

Conor: Yay I'm back on the card!

Dana: No, he's not.

Conor: Ah man, call me when I can fight again :(

Edited by Widdy85