WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Has anybody heard of a game called "New Star Soccer 5"? Seems to be the "Game of the Moment" in my bro's circle of friends. Seems to me that it's a cross between "Footballer of the Year" and "Championship Manager". Seems promising..

(Free for Android. PC version isn't free)

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/

Site is always freaking down. Here is its Wiki.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I've taken up Fallen London - a really interesting online click-based RPG set in a version of London set in the underworld. It's a (very) slow burner with micro-payment waffle if you're into that but that really is optional. There are many, many sub-plots to get stuck into and get lost in for a few days, and I'm not very far in but it's enjoyable in my view.

• Paid Members

Ive refrained myself from getting a footy game this year due to being busy with GTA and Arkham Origins, so I've pretty much been out of the loop in how they both are. What's the general opinion this year? I used to be a PES man for years until I switched to FIFA 12 and 13.

• Paid Members

I played LucasArts 1995 point-and-click adventure Full Throttle over the weekend. Fun but felt very short. I know that when I used to play point-and-click games as a youngster that they would take me ages because there were no online walkthroughs at your fingertips for when you got stuck.

I've started on Day Of The Tentacle now...

• Awards Moderator
I played LucasArts 1995 point-and-click adventure Full Throttle over the weekend. Fun but felt very short. I know that when I used to play point-and-click games as a youngster that they would take me ages because there were no online walkthroughs at your fingertips for when you got stuck.

Y'know what would look good on your nose?

THE BAR.

One of my favourites of all time. Has probably aged terribly so don't tell me.

Y'know what would look good on your nose?

THE BAR.

One of my favourites of all time. Has probably aged terribly so don't tell me.

Not in the slighest, the great thing about point n' click games is that they rarely age at all. The genre's still going pretty strong considering how gaming has changed over the years, Gemini Rue for an example is a more recent game but fits right in with the classics and betters many of them, imo.

There are tons of them and many that are real high quality being made even now, I mean they're obviously not seen as mainstream any longer but on PC they still have a big following, especially in Europe. Plus, you've got Telltales modern take on the genre that's doing pretty well.

Even Visual Novels are creeping into western gaming habits and they would seem even more archaic I guess.

Edited by Merzbow

Not in the slighest, the great thing about point n' click games is that they rarely age at all. The genre's still going pretty strong considering how gaming has changed over the years, Gemini Rue for an example is a more recent game but fits right in with the classics and betters many of them, imo.

That's one I've played not long ago, first one I've played in years. I'm a sucker for cyberpunk stuff, and that game reminded me of Beneath a Steel Sky, one of the first games I played on my PC, don't know if some of you older heads remember that one, "detonate" ha classic lines. Gemini Rue is well worth picking up, I got it from GAME for about 2 or 3 quid. Great sound track too. It's true that point n click is very much alive on PC still. I've heard nothing but great things about The Walking Dead game, I have it, just haven't got round to playing it yet.

I also picked up this game called Primordia in a steam sale, seemed quite decent in the trailer, so hopefully it turns out to be good when I eventually get around to playing it.

Trailer

Edited by The Total Package

• Paid Members

If you guys are into point and click games, I recommend checking out "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream".

It's on Steam, based on Harlan Ellison's short about a group of people trapped and tortured for over 100 years in the heart of a super computer that got too much and essentially brought the end of days.

The game itself is brilliant to play, but there are a few "trial and error" bits where if you mess it up it re-starts that particular character's story. Just make sure to save often.

The story is what makes it, very bleak and well-written. Everyone is fleshed out and the antagonist is a proper prick.

Here's the short story Audiobook on Youtube which I suggest you check out. It's really good -

• Paid Members
That's one I've played not long ago, first one I've played in years. I'm a sucker for cyberpunk stuff, and that game reminded me of Beneath a Steel Sky, one of the first games I played on my PC, don't know if some of you older heads remember that one, "detonate" ha classic lines.

Played through Beneath A Steel Sky last year and really enjoyed it, though it lacked the humour of the LucasArts or Simon The Sorcerer games of the same era. Great voice acting in it though, all kinds of regional accents represented!

Might have to check out some of the modern games, didn't even realise the genre existed any more.

Has anybody heard of a game called "New Star Soccer 5"? Seems to be the "Game of the Moment" in my bro's circle of friends. Seems to me that it's a cross between "Footballer of the Year" and "Championship Manager". Seems promising..

(Free for Android. PC version isn't free)

http://www.newstarsoccer.com/

Site is always freaking down. Here is its Wiki.

Sounds a bit like Soccer Life and Soccer life 2 on the PS2 does that, which is no bad thing. In Soccer Life, you start off as a trainee/manager/agent, you get to pick where your startlet comes from if you have the budget. Your player will then be picked up by a team on the continent somewhere and you will start off getting games, and pay as long as you follow the training drills and level up. Once you play you get QTE's just like Footballer of the Year, depending on your position GK, Defender, Midfielder, Striker and your chance to influence the result. Away from the game it's self you get to buy cars, meet girlfriends, have families who will play in later life, buy homes, pimp out things and generally get all the trappings of being a footballer.