WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Got uncharted 4, played the other 3. Must say 2 chapters in it’s quite a lot of fun. Very linear but really well put together. Though sadly whoops Tomb Raider in terms of the wow factor and fun factor. 

Hopefully I’ll get crash bandicoot tomorrow it’s £20 at my local cash generator got a few games to trade in. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I imagine devs/publishers see it as a financial risk without the WWE name behind it, there hasn't even been a game based on a Japanese fed in ages has there?

Exactly this. I mean what were the last ones other than a WWE or TNA game.. the PS2 backyard game, or that rumble roses or some shite? They were both crap after the initial blast.

It seems that they and backyard 2 got roughly 65% or so a a rough average. Nothing special. 

I think there’s room for an Indy style game. Say a cross promotion style game. Or a complete made up game, where every character is incredibly customisable. But like Merz says, who’s going to fancy the risk of knocking out not a WWE game.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I was thinking more along the lines of a low-budget indie title, with no official licences but massive customisation and CAW options. Basically something like Fire Pro, but way more user friendly.

Big developers aren't going near a wrestling game without a WWE licence, but you'd think that with the appeal wrestling has and the lack of competition in the games market, there would be more wrestling indie games popping up to fill the gaps in the market.

Actually, you'd think there would be some developers desperate to get a new NJPW game out, for the Japanese market at least.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Been playing a lot of the Halloween modes on Overwatch before they disappear. Only got an Xbox One during the summer after my 360 died, but already the HD's nearly full of Games with Gold I haven't got around to, because I can't stop playing Overwatch.

Just do what I do: start the GwG download but then cancel it. Then you own the game (as long as you pay your XBL Gold fees) and can just grab it from 'ready to install' as and when you want to play it. 

My ready to install section is chockablock with games from GwG that I've never played and, realistically, never will. 

I've been meaning to replay Red Dead in anticipation of the next game but I've just been so busy that I haven't had time to game. I miss playing video games and I hate being an adult. 

If you're the kind of spod who designs spreadsheets on his toaster and plays games on his computer, you'll find Pro Wrestling X on Steam Early Access.

Their two main influences are No Mercy and Fire Pro, but it's a work in progress so it depends whether you prefer knowing you've got a complete game or that you can shape its ongoing development with your feedback.

• Paid Members
On 29/10/2017 at 12:58 AM, jasmith85 said:

Bit at a lost end now. Completed the Dark Souls 1-3 and Bloodborne. Kind at a lost place what to do in terms of gaming. Tried the Serge is just stank, Salt and Sanctuary didn’t hit the spot and FFXV bores me. Anyone tried Wolfenstein II or The Crash N-Sane Trilogy? Uncharted 4 is a must too right? Just some fun souls be nice after all that “hardcore” gaming. 

Have you tried Lords Of The Fallen? That's one of the "Soulsborne" style games. I hear Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is along those lines as well.

I'm guessing the reason you can't buy the in-game currency in the new WWE game is because of the massive amounts of shit 2K games got over selling the in-game currency in NBA 2K18. I haven't really enjoyed a WWE games since Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 on my PS2/PSP. I got one on my 360 and it didn't feel like it'd been a particularly big advancement from the PS2 games, and I got 2K16 on Games With Gold a while back. Played it a bit. Saw what a horrendous grind the career mode was unless you'd paid for the accelerator and just lost interest. Plus they still had the same collision detection issues I'd been laughing at on my PS2/PSP 11 years ago.

4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Have you tried Lords Of The Fallen? That's one of the "Soulsborne" style games. I hear Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is along those lines as well.

I heard about Hellblade I’m just waiting for it to go on sale and I’ll jump all over it. Same with Nioh. Really hoping the rumours are true about a Daemons Souls HD remake coming too as I don’t have a ps3 and I can’t ready Japanese to get it from the Japanese store.

I tried lords of the fallen, it was very childish compared to “Soulsborne”. 

I really do struggle to replay these games on new game plus though. It doesn’t have the same feel to it once I’ve completed it, I get 2 hours in and get bored. So I’ve never completed a Soulsborne game on new game plus. 

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

i get the impression that the wwe games are purchased every year by mostly the same people, no matter what, and it keeps the game makers going and in a state of complacency 

Same thing goes for fifa too, they generally add little bits each year, when they could easily add loads to the game each year. They know it will sell regardless, so they drag out the new features year by year to keep people buying 

Probably the same people who watch the WWE only to slag it off!

I'd say FIFA is different though, as they have direct competition with Pro Evo.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, jasmith85 said:

I heard about Hellblade I’m just waiting for it to go on sale and I’ll jump all over it. Same with Nioh. Really hoping the rumours are true about a Daemons Souls HD remake coming too as I don’t have a ps3 and I can’t ready Japanese to get it from the Japanese store.

I tried lords of the fallen, it was very childish compared to “Soulsborne”. 

I really do struggle to replay these games on new game plus though. It doesn’t have the same feel to it once I’ve completed it, I get 2 hours in and get bored. So I’ve never completed a Soulsborne game on new game plus. 

I'm surprised Daemon's Souls isn't on the European/North American Playstation store.