WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Are we saying that Galaxy is better than 64?!

Yes, I am. But then again I never played Mario 64 until years after it had come out, so I wasn't overly impressed. Likewise with Ocarina of Time, I played it after I'd played Twilight Princess, so I preferred the latter. I didn't have a nostalgia cloud hanging over my head as I never had an N64.

Regarding Xbox Scorpio, they are now saying that it'll play games at 1080p better than the current console which makes sense as that's the nature of upgraded tech. I don't imagine we'll be seeing 30fps games suddenly running at 60fps but we'll see games actually hitting the target framerate much more than usual, pretty sure Fallout 4 drops in to the teens at times which is pretty disgusting so it'll help make that much smoother at least.

Edit: Found an actual interview about it http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-16-1080p-project-scorpio-games-will-look-different-and-some-run-a-little-better-than-on-xbox-one-s

Edited by Merzbow

Just found out tat older Championship Manager games wont work with Windows 10 :cry:

And for anyone curious the PS4 version of South Park The Stick Of Truth is censored like the PS3 version.

I've currently had Champ Man 01/02 running fine over Windows 10 also had 96/97 and 97/98 running as well a couple of weeks ago. What one are you trying to use?

• Paid Members

Why the fuck haven't they ported LTTP to the 3DS?? The hope of them doing so is the only reason I haven't thrown the neglected, disappointing bit of kit into the bin yet.

Having played all of the Zelda games, I also hope they do something with LTTP on 3DS.

Had a browse in the Nintendo store on my 3DS today and to my excitement they have not long added (as of March) a SNES game section. Zelda LTTP and Super Mario World available to download! Happy days! I go to download them...aaaaand no. Apparently you can only download them if you have the 'New!' 3DS.

Do you know what Nintendo, just fuck off.

Just found out tat older Championship Manager games wont work with Windows 10 :cry:

And for anyone curious the PS4 version of South Park The Stick Of Truth is censored like the PS3 version.

I've currently had Champ Man 01/02 running fine over Windows 10 also had 96/97 and 97/98 running as well a couple of weeks ago. What one are you trying to use?

02/03 installs fine but nothing happens when I try to launch it.

I'll give 01/02 a try later.

There wasn't a CM 02/03 on the PC, as far as I'm aware. It was XBOX only. So you might have the wrong file type for the wrong system.

There wasn't a CM 02/03 on the PC, as far as I'm aware. It was XBOX only. So you might have the wrong file type for the wrong system.

02/03 was Championship Manager 4. Followed by 03/04. Its all about opening the run file with a certain version of windows within windows 10. I can explain better tonight when I am home. But all these do work on Windows 10.

Ah it was 03/04 sorry.

Anyway managed to get it running. Just needed to download the last two patches and run it in compatibility mode, 01/02 worked from the very start with no issues.

EDIT

Are the black newer Football Manager games worth a punt?

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Just finished DOOM. Tremendous stuff. While I loved Wolfenstein's surprisingly well written story, alternate history setting, option to stealth etc, it was the amazingly satisfying gunplay that made it my favourite shooter of this generation. DOOM's gunplay is even better, faster, more brutal, and most importantly it's nearly all you do in the game. It's 95% wrecking fucks, 5% wrecking whatever electronic device is trying to give you backstory. Its approach is so refreshing in this era, cover is for girls, ditto reloading. Low on health? Tear something apart with your bare hands. Low on ammo? Tear something apart with a chainsaw. Fall in lava? here's a Terminator 2 thumbs up death animation to cheer you up!

I really hope it's selling well. I need a sequel.

I miss the old game of "Shall i buy this or will it be cheaper tomorrow?", everything is at it's lowest price from the start now and my mind's probably playing tricks on me but it feels like some things don't go as cheap as they used to.