UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The main thing is how much this loss has taken out of McGregor himself in terms of his own self believe and whether the aura around him might have changed. I think its hard to judge as of course, you see he tapped like a little bitch. The reality is though to go up to 155 from 145, two weeks beforehand the guy is injured and you agree to a replacement and another jump up in weight to 170lbs against a good fighter, I give him a lot of respect for doing such a thing. So long as he can get over it, I think he will be fine, but I'm guessing that title fight at 155 when Dos Anjos is fit is out the window now, right?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Tapping like a little bitch' is the most retarded sentence. Like, anyone who believes that has to have something mentally wrong with them.

Do you know the only difference between tapping and being slept?! If you get put out you may actually shit yourself in the middle of the cage. NOBLE.

'Tapping like a little bitch' is the most retarded sentence. Like, anyone who believes that has to have something mentally wrong with them.

Do you know the only difference between tapping and being slept?! If you get put out you may actually shit yourself in the middle of the cage. NOBLE.

I'd bow to your knowledge with you spoiling the fight in another thread. He tapped very, very quickly, go look at Holly Holm for how a true champion goes out.

Did Holm shit herself after being choked out?

• Paid Members

Holly Holm didn't, "go out like a true champion." If you look at her arms just before she goes unconscious she is clearly trying to tap out, but her brain is shutting off. There wasn't some noble refusal to tap (and the idea that such a thing would be noble seems insanely antiquated), she simply left it too late before tapping, meaning the best she could do was jolt about as her lights went out.

You're awful. Just awful.

And you're right, my posting on an Internet message forum does negate whatever modest knowledge I may have.

But, seeing as all but the most neanderthal of neanderthals accept that tapping, and being humble and understanding and being able to put into perspective defeat, is part of being a martial artist, I think I'll stick with my opinions.

And for what it's worth, Holms flapping prior to going nighty night suggests she probably tried to tap but the switch went off quite quick.

There's no nobility in being put to sleep. You've been beaten, everyone knows it. Accept it and move on to bigger and better things.

Or be a meathead. One of the two.

Holly Holm didn't, "go out like a true champion." If you look at her arms just before she goes unconscious she is clearly trying to tap out, but her brain is shutting off. There wasn't some noble refusal to tap (and the idea that such a thing would be noble seems insanely antiquated), she simply left it too late before tapping, meaning the best she could do was jolt about as her lights went out.

She did not tap out, that's all I said. Its not about being noble not to tap, but there is tapping and tapping very quickly. It doesn't matter though, he tried, he lost and there is always the next time, whether against another opponent or the guy who made him tap.

I'd bow to your knowledge with you spoiling the fight in another thread. He tapped very, very quickly, go look at Holly Holm for how a true champion goes out.

Did Holm shit herself after being choked out?

What a fucking stupid thing to say. The people that tap when they know they've been caught are far braver than the people that go to sleep. Not only did Connor avoid potential health issues but he tapped knowing he'd get shit from all the people like you that come out of the woodwork, just like he said above. He wasn't getting out of the choke. Not tapping would make him a fucking moron, not some sort of warrior.

Pretty much every great MMA fighter has tapped out at some point.

GSP tapped out to strikes, as did Forrest Griffin. When you've been an MMA fan for a while, you realise it's part of the game. It's not always a sign of distress, it's usually more a sign of conceding. A bit like how snooker players concede frames when their miles behind. 

McGregor was in a position he knew he wasn't getting out of. The sensible thing to do was to tapout. Nothing could be gained from not doing so. 

• Paid Members

She did not tap out, that's all I said. Its not about being noble not to tap, but there is tapping and tapping very quickly. It doesn't matter though, he tried, he lost and there is always the next time, whether against another opponent or the guy who made him tap.
You said that unlike Conor, the way Holly lost was how a champion goes out. What's the difference? Why is falling unconscious when you try and tap because you've left it too late any more impressive than tapping when you realise you aren't getting out? Why does that make you a champion?

You're awful. Just awful.

And you're right, my posting on an Internet message forum does negate whatever modest knowledge I may have.

But, seeing as all but the most neanderthal of neanderthals accept that tapping, and being humble and understanding and being able to put into perspective defeat, is part of being a martial artist, I think I'll stick with my opinions.

And for what it's worth, Holms flapping prior to going nighty night suggests she probably tried to tap but the switch went off quite quick.

There's no nobility in being put to sleep. You've been beaten, everyone knows it. Accept it and move on to bigger and better things.

Or be a meathead. One of the two.

Where am I awful? Because I said he tapped out like a bitch, because he tapped so quickly? What about the positive things I said about him? Easy to just quote the negative.

Where did I say he shouldn't have tapped? You can stick with whatever opinion your mind wants you to come up with, that is your prerogative.

You mean being humble after being so unhumble beforehand?

'Tapping like a little bitch' in itself suggests he shouldn't have tapped, and you said Holly went out like how a true champion should which in itself outright demands that he shouldn't have tapped and should have gone out.

You've said something daft, everyone said as much. Live with it.

He tapped. No biggy.

GSP tapped to strikes and he's the definition of what an MMA champion should be.

You said that unlike Conor, the way Holly lost was how a champion goes out. What's the difference? Why is falling unconscious when you try and tap because you've left it too long any more impressive than tapping when you realise you aren't getting out? Why does that make you a champion?

Because he tapped out so quick he didn't give himself any sort of chance of getting out of it. He may well have panicked, I don't know. Sometimes when you run your mouth to such an extent, you go out on your shield. Regardless, he went out there and put it on the line at a weight he didn't need too, has my full respect for that and trying to entertain everyone watching.

Archived