UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the face-off just then, did anyone see, after their eyes met, Nate seemed to reset himself to make himself seem bigger. I think he was surprised how big Conor is.

I could be talking out of my hole, but he looked abit like'oh shit'

I know it's all macho and that but the misogynistic insults really put me off.

Saying that, that was ace. Loved when they asked Diaz about strategy and he said I'm here to fight, the grin on McGregors face was fantastic. McGregor looked in great shape, didn't he? Well excited for this now!

Also, thanks Herbie for the link a few pages back, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.

That was just incredible! They definitely made the right choice with Diaz instead of Cowboy, those 'limited remaining seats' are going to go ASAP after that.

It peaked with 222k people watching on YouTube alone. To put that into perspective, a press conference was watched by more people than WSOF's actual last show.

"He's a little cholo gangster from the hood. He makes gun signs with one hand and makes animal balloons with the other."

Nate accusing everyone of using steroids and Conar pointing out his two main training partners (besides his brother) were caught using, was great.

"He's a credit to the community"

These were my two highlights.

Absolute gold. Nate really left himself open at times. 

• Paid Members

McGregor ticked all the boxes. Took the piss out of Nate while also hyping him up, then went after RDA and his "bruised foot", then decided to make sure he got some shots in on the likes of Faber and co. His "Super heavyweight" line when talking about weight classes and his cheques was brilliant.

Considering Conor can probably call his fights now, and if he sticks to his every 3 months statement, Conor could be done within 18 months, Diaz, RDA, 145 defence (Edgar?), 170 champ, 155 defence, retirement show at croke park.

Obviously he would have to win those fights, but if he did, what's left???

Archived