UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGregor vs GSP is the one that would set records. McGregor vs Lawler could come close.

For now though, this is MMA theatre at its finest. They have the spectacle aspect down to a tee. The fight itself should deliver as well, there is a real sense of uncertainty about it (at least from my perspective), which will add to the drama on the night.

• Moderators

Has anyone got a link for this? Sounds good. 

Also, don't do that live discussion stuff again*. One liners saying "wow" add nothing - I know you want to share your excitement  when you're sitting there watching it on your own but the rule was made some time ago because there was just too much of that crap clogging threads up. Please use chat.

*even though it being reported was the reason I came to this thread and wouldn't have seen this otherwise so uh, thanks as well.

• Paid Members

The press conference itself was incredible, and the atmosphere seemed electric.

There was one bit that was driving me insane and that was Nate repeatedly saying something along the lines of "I never asked for this fight, they've been calling me for months".

Yet, it was Nate dropping F bombs after his last fight on Fox where he was begging for the fight. Then post fight he was interviewed by Helwani basically begging for the fight, and claiming Joe Silva telling him he had it.

As Ebb says, Nate wasn't rattled too much there, but I actually think bizarrely he's a bit too dim to actually let it bother him. He probably wasn't listening half time whilst day dreaming. That said, Nate's brother Nick screaming from the sidelines was hilarious with Conor belittling Nate whilst addressing Nick.

Personal highlight was the gun signs with one hand with animal balloons with the other. Incredible stuff. 

• Paid Members

I love how Conor didn't waste a single second before throwing out all the lines he'd obviously spent the day coming up with. Within the first few minutes he was talking about the gun signs, Nate teaching kids at the weekend and cycling with the elderly.

Nate and Nick Diaz are the luckiest people on the planet. Completely crazy, regularly incomprehensible, seemingly riddled with personality disorders, and yet they've both managed to find a job where that works in their favour and makes them millions of dollars.

I usually doubt Conor, but I'm completely on board with Mystic Mac here. It's going to be a first round KO.

• Paid Members

I'm going to bet on a McGregor/Tate double I think. Conor will take this in the 1st, I think it's going to be a walk in the park for him & Tate will wrestle Holm to a frustrating decision loss.

I did chuckle at Conor standing up ranting at Diaz who's sat down looking non-plussed about how Diaz' team got busted for roids & how he's anti-steroids only for Nate to pick his mic up again & just reply 'You're on steroids'.

• Paid Members

I just can't see Miesha being able to take Holm down Mike. She's never been taken down in her whole MMA career. I just think she's physically too strong for Tate and will pick her apart on the feet. 

That said, I think Tate will be more successful than Rousey. 

I usually doubt Conor, but I'm completely on board with Mystic Mac here. It's going to be a first round KO.

I've never been more sure of a fight result in my life. Diaz did his bit, but it's blatantly clear that he doesn't think he can win this fight. He's not in fight shape, he wasn't even in camp for anyone.

This has been booked as an exhibition to patch up the loss of Dos Anjos. If they were wanting to put on a fight that was going to be more competitive they'd have booked Cerrone. He's in fight shape, just out of camp, can make weight and wanted the fight according to his manager.

Archived