Popular Wrestlers you just can't get behind

kidkris

• Paid Members

I'm shocked to see Ligero in here, one of consistently the best names in the UK, always great be it working billy kickpadz in bumblefuck sports centre or a DG name on a supershow in bumblefuck town hall.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm shocked to see Ligero in here, one of consistently the best names in the UK, always great be it working billy kickpadz in bumblefuck sports centre or a DG name on a supershow in bumblefuck town hall.

“Finally! The Rock has come back… to Bumblefuck!”

'Flash' Morgan Webster for me. I've seen him a few times. Looked ok in a tag team but doesn't do much for me as a single. Felt very similar to Osprey who feels miles ahead and I'm not a fan of the Mod gimmick. But open to having my opinions changed.

• Paid Members

Very VERY few tickets left for the Barras show which is a capacity of 2300. Which i think is still immense based on the fact they had 4000 in another venue in the city 2months ago. 

Didn't Mark Dallas himself say on this very forum a while back that the capacity for the Barras is 1600? 

And the Barras website lists a capacity of 1900 standing for concerts - thats without adding a ring in the middle. 

That's not a shot at ICW either. I think YOU are the one exaggerating their numbers. 

• Moderators

Grado's great. Moreover, I'd say he's probably ICW's biggest draw. You put your title on your biggest draw, that's basics surely? How can people have a problme with ICW putting their title on their biggest name? That's doing business right.

Id be inclined to say Showdown was a better feat given the landscape of the industry in 2005. 

Funnily enough, I'd actually disagree - we had lots of big names on the show and free TV advertising at our disposal. What ICW have done is more impressive IMO. 

Is the industry better now than it was then? As far as show attendance in general, etc?

I think the industry is better. I think the standard at an independent level was still very much rising. The bar was lower in terms of talent, and in this country certainly, the mainstream hadnt cottoned on at all and wrestling was still a huge niche. It still is but potentially not as big as it was ten years ago. Thus making it harder to shift that many tickets. Without BBC documentaries and such. And not really any mainstream power. For example GRADO.

I think it’s harsh to pick Will Ospreay 

Also worth remembering he only debuted in 2012...

The question was wrestlers you can't get behind rather than wrestlers who aren't very good. I find it very hard to enjoy Ospreay so that does fit the question asked in the OP. To be fair I haven't seen much of him outside of Progress so my view is narrow and doesn't take into account booking as I don't enjoy Progress' current upper card babyface roster that much (Ospreay, Morgan Webster, Eddie Dennis in particular).

Just thinking about some other workers in and around the uk.

team single- There title reign in pcw has become so boring and stale,

Within pcw i think its a case of if your fludders mate or drinking buddy then your a shoe in to get pushed to the moon.

Just thinking about some other workers in and around the uk.

team single- There title reign in pcw has become so boring and stale,

Within pcw i think its a case of if your fludders mate or drinking buddy then your a shoe in to get pushed to the moon.

Crikey do you like anybody? or is it just anyone thats ever worked for PCW you don't like?

what you should do, to show us how much of an expert you are, is to name drop more wrestlers by their real names. that ought to back up your opinion sufficiently.

• Paid Members

I'd intended to mention Eddie Dennis when I was talking about people I unreasonably decided I don't like. It doesn't take much to be Vince Mcmahon's type, so imagine being that tall and just not bothering to go the gym. State of it. Winds me up.

• Paid Members

I've only come across Fludder once as u have never been to a PCW show. It was at a Southside show. He was there because he had driven Chris Masters. All he did was talk very loudly about how his shows were better, that anyone who was working the Southside show who didn't work for him was shit, and that all the guys who did work for him who were working the Southside show worked harder for him, and that this show would be shit. He then got a laptop out and watched a PCW show whilst commenting loudly that it was better than the show he was watching.

So yeah, a bellend who is never getting a penny of my money.

As for wrestlers. Marty Scurll. Embarrassing in Dragongate. His "Party Marty"gimmick was shit because he is in no way likeable as a face. His new "The Villain" gimmick is laughable. With that fur coat, umbrella, and beard/hairstyle he looks more like a homeless man who dresses himself from the stuff that Oxfam throw away. Possibly the least intimidating villain I have ever seen. Just awful on every level. Only really got anywhere through hanging around with ZSJ and because he is friends with Nick Aldis.

Archived