Popular Wrestlers you just can't get behind

kidkris

Grado is Scotland's Big Daddy, isn't he? Or at least the closest anyone in the UK wrestling has come to that level of fame since, anyway.

Randy Orton gets my pick. I just find it so difficult to ever be interested in anything he does for more than a fortnight at a time, tops.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd heard a lot about Martin Kirby before I went watching PCW last month, and heard he got some really good receptions in Preston, as he did when I was there.  Now, don't get me wrong, he was good, but the show I attended he was tagging with Joey Hayes, who was miles more entertaining and probably just as good in the ring

I can't stand Will Osprey. The most un-intimidating wrestler I think I have ever seen. Absolutely godawful promo as well.

I think he is fine and he has got a bit bigger and seeing him on video and live I think he is a threat, I felt he did that role fine against AJ. However I think I could understand if you think his very youthful face makes him look less intimidating. I think this is certainly more true when he wrestled in The Swords of Essex. However I am not sure I have ever heard him speak. Sometimes in the indies a problem arises when a wrestler becomes popular on wrestling skill and does not use many promos and does not improve on this aspect.

+1 for Orton. 

Just think his act is bland and hasn't changed in years. I get he has the image/physique and the RKO out of nowhere but struggle to get into anything he does. Maybe a change of music & direction might spice him up a little bit but really where does he go now? He is almost in the Jericho category now for me.  

I can't stand Will Osprey. The most un-intimidating wrestler I think I have ever seen. Absolutely godawful promo as well.

I think he is fine and he has got a bit bigger and seeing him on video and live I think he is a threat, I felt he did that role fine against AJ. However I think I could understand if you think his very youthful face makes him look less intimidating. I think this is certainly more true when he wrestled in The Swords of Essex. However I am not sure I have ever heard him speak. Sometimes in the indies a problem arises when a wrestler becomes popular on wrestling skill and does not use many promos and does not improve on this aspect.

Get why he is over, just can't stand him. While we are on the Progress roster Eddie Dennis is an absolute mystery to me as well.

Anyway, on the original topic there's one guy I'm not entirely sold on who get's massive props everywhere - El Ligero.  Seen him maybe half a dozen times, admittedly on shows where I'm much more interested in other matches, and while he is obviously a talented wrestler I don't see him as being any better than a lot of his contemporaries.

Its funny that you said that mate because recently i got into trouble and rubbed a few people up the wrong way you could say because of my opinions on ligero. My view on him is he has been around for what seems like forever and in no way (IMO) has he evolved, his moveset has pretty much stayed the same, his blue eye shit has just got boring & when he won the belt from bubblegum at pcw I commented "oh how original" and not only did ligero private message me but so did steven fludder and steven really came off as abit of a fucking arsehole because i had this opinion, He said something along the ines of your opinion means nothing to me cos how much money for tickets have you given me?

Well i tour around the country singing and i have bought pretty much all the pcw dvd's but i will not be doing so anymore because he just came across as a massive dick.

Anyway, on the original topic there's one guy I'm not entirely sold on who get's massive props everywhere - El Ligero. Seen him maybe half a dozen times, admittedly on shows where I'm much more interested in other matches, and while he is obviously a talented wrestler I don't see him as being any better than a lot of his contemporaries.

Its funny that you said that mate because recently i got into trouble and rubbed a few people up the wrong way you could say because of my opinions on ligero. My view on him is he has been around for what seems like forever and in no way (IMO) has he evolved, his moveset has pretty much stayed the same, his blue eye shit has just got boring & when he won the belt from bubblegum at pcw I commented "oh how original" and not only did ligero private message me but so did steven fludder and steven really came off as abit of a fucking arsehole because i had this opinion, He said something along the ines of your opinion means nothing to me cos how much money for tickets have you given me?

Well i tour around the country singing and i have bought pretty much all the pcw dvd's but i will not be doing so anymore because he just came across as a massive dick.

That seems to be a common theme with PCW. Fluster comes across as a complete dickhead. Compare this to your Mark Dallas, Jim Smallman and Andy Quildan who every time I've had the pleasure of speaking to them they've come across as pleasant and only too happy to engage in conversation.

The one time I spoke to Fludder, all I could think of was "your a prick" and I couldn't wait to get away from the guy.

If he reads this he'll most likely knock on my door with Chris Masters in tow to play the hard man.

Prick

Yeah man, He is just 100% money orientated and he really really does come across as how can i make more money Not how can i make the experience better for the fans. The thing that really pissed me off is i can't make it to live shows but i do subscribe to on demand and buy dvd's and instead of being thanks for supporting the product Its more thanks for giving me your money.

Side note i once asked him why he hasn't got on the on demand bandwagon Because i think its fucking brilliant for fans to keep up to date with the best promotions in the uk, His anwser was simply "i won't get as much money as im currently getting for my dvd's so i have no interest in it"

• Paid Members

Even though I enjoyed the shows and am a big fan of a lot of the talent he uses, I've stopped going to PCW because Fludder's a twat and I don't want to support him.

Now that Progress is running The Ritz every two months, my BritWres glass is full anyway, so I'd probably have dropped it anyway. Rev:Pro and Progress give me my fix, Rev:Pro brings me better imports and Progress delivers a better homegrown product.

Side note i once asked him why he hasn't got on the on demand bandwagon Because i think its fucking brilliant for fans to keep up to date with the best promotions in the uk, His anwser was simply "i won't get as much money as im currently getting for my dvd's so i have no interest in it"

You can't really moan at his arguement. If dvds are selling then carry on with it.

• Paid Members

Last time & said I didn't like Grado, I got a tonne of abuse from Grado nuthuggers, as well as the man himself popping by to bump a comment I'd made 4 months earlier that he'd clearly remembered and came back to reply to, just after they drew a big crowd at some recent show. Was a bit sad.

• Paid Members

His babyface turn could have made it interesting if he was going to come back, wipe out Authority foot soldiers and build to an eventual title match with Seth where we were meant to be looking forward to him taking the title. However, he was used as Seth's first challenger because it was Reigns they wanted to go with in the end, and after Seth was done with him he quickly got boring again. Other than a Big Show heel turn, there has been no bigger "Fuck me, I've seen this to death" in the last couple of years than the scheduling of Orton v Sheamus for SummerSlam. Zero interest.

Archived