Popular Wrestlers you just can't get behind

kidkris

• Paid Members

The putting the belt on Grado argument is best illustrated by looking back at Diamond Dallas Page. There was a time in WCW when he was the bollocks, over with the fans and putting on (no doubt carefully-rehearsed) bangers in the ring. There was a window of about 18 months when they could have, should have put the belt on him, and when they finally did it was far too late.

So putting the belt on Grado now, when he's at peak fame (he may get more, he may not), makes sense to me, for maximum product exposure.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not popular here, but has done well for herself building up quite the following - however I audibly groan (not like that, don't start) whenever I see even a glimpse of Paige. The anti-diva character could've been right up my alley (though I'd say that phase of her career is irrelevant by now and that the billion times more likeable Bayley can take on that role) but it's those bloody university gap-year promos that never fail to take me right out of the moment.

Last time & said I didn't like Grado, I got a tonne of abuse from Grado nuthuggers, as well as the man himself popping by to bump a comment I'd made 4 months earlier that he'd clearly remembered and came back to reply to, just after they drew a big crowd at some recent show. Was a bit sad.

That's a bit of revisionist history there Herbie

a) it was 12 days between comment and retort, not 4 months.

b) nobody gave you abuse until you got super defensive about Grado's reply because he happened to refer to your TV channel a rubbish failure. and started throwing out words like 'spacker'

c) a 'big crowd at some recent show' would be the 3000 they drew at the SECC, biggest UK show on UK soil in probably 3 decades.

And the first time anyone mentions him in a negative light, here you are bringing it up again. Not that you're thin-skinned and bitter of course.

Last time & said I didn't like Grado, I got a tonne of abuse from Grado nuthuggers, as well as the man himself popping by to bump a comment I'd made 4 months earlier that he'd clearly remembered and came back to reply to, just after they drew a big crowd at some recent show. Was a bit sad.

b) nobody gave you abuse until you got super defensive about Grado's reply

That's not true, some people did it straight away because he didn't seem to know what the phrase 'jumping the shark' meant.

Anyway, on the original topic there's one guy I'm not entirely sold on who get's massive props everywhere - El Ligero.  Seen him maybe half a dozen times, admittedly on shows where I'm much more interested in other matches, and while he is obviously a talented wrestler I don't see him as being any better than a lot of his contemporaries.

Its funny that you said that mate because recently i got into trouble and rubbed a few people up the wrong way you could say because of my opinions on ligero. My view on him is he has been around for what seems like forever and in no way (IMO) has he evolved, his moveset has pretty much stayed the same, his blue eye shit has just got boring & when he won the belt from bubblegum at pcw I commented "oh how original" and not only did ligero private message me but so did steven fludder and steven really came off as abit of a fucking arsehole because i had this opinion, He said something along the ines of your opinion means nothing to me cos how much money for tickets have you given me?

Well i tour around the country singing and i have bought pretty much all the pcw dvd's but i will not be doing so anymore because he just came across as a massive dick.

What was Ligero's PM like, was he annoyed?

b) nobody gave you abuse until you got super defensive about Grado's reply

That's not true, some people did it straight away because he didn't seem to know what the phrase 'jumping the shark' meant.

No, he was asked to clarify, nobody got abusive.

Anyway, on the original topic there's one guy I'm not entirely sold on who get's massive props everywhere - El Ligero.  Seen him maybe half a dozen times, admittedly on shows where I'm much more interested in other matches, and while he is obviously a talented wrestler I don't see him as being any better than a lot of his contemporaries.

Its funny that you said that mate because recently i got into trouble and rubbed a few people up the wrong way you could say because of my opinions on ligero. My view on him is he has been around for what seems like forever and in no way (IMO) has he evolved, his moveset has pretty much stayed the same, his blue eye shit has just got boring & when he won the belt from bubblegum at pcw I commented "oh how original" and not only did ligero private message me but so did steven fludder and steven really came off as abit of a fucking arsehole because i had this opinion, He said something along the ines of your opinion means nothing to me cos how much money for tickets have you given me?

Well i tour around the country singing and i have bought pretty much all the pcw dvd's but i will not be doing so anymore because he just came across as a massive dick.

What was Ligero's PM like, was he annoyed?

He was just a fucking arse like simon always is with me tbh, I turned round and said "how original" with them putting the belt on him because every match will be the same old ligero match. There are a million and one people you could have put it on but no, Like someone else said progress, rev-pro, icw just seem to do it better now that pcw are doing.

I've went off grado since he win the belt, he was made, and his matches didn't need it. Secc looked a great moment, but as figurehead there are now guys delivering championship style matches. If Renfrew wins, id want a face square go cash in quickly after. Mix it up after last to changes being at f&L only

• Paid Members

I am wondering, am I the only person who finds Kyle O'Reilly a bit dull. I just feel like his matches tend to drag.

Oh God, I hate him. He's so boring and he just CAN'T sell. They'll do a "work the leg" spot and he'll sell it for about 30 seconds before going right back to kicking and shit.

• Paid Members

b) nobody gave you abuse until you got super defensive about Grado's reply because he happened to refer to your TV channel a rubbish failure. and started throwing out words like 'spacker'

c) a 'big crowd at some recent show' would be the 3000 they drew at the SECC, biggest UK show on UK soil in probably 3 decades.

And the first time anyone mentions him in a negative light, here you are bringing it up again. Not that you're thin-skinned and bitter of course.

a) Fine, it was 12 days. But it was still a few pages into a thread, and he bumped it directly after that show happened, specifically to reply to me. So my comment stuck with him, irritated him, and he came back as soon as that show was over just to 'put me in my place'. So who are you calling "thin-skinned" exactly?

b) I got super defensive? Where exactly? He got personal & I responded - wow - what a dick move. Imagine responding to someone when they get personal... I just stated some facts about TWC, which he claimed went out of business - which it didn't. I corrected false claims - is that what you call defensive? I then also went on to explain why I didn't like his gimmick, which is a personal preference. And I also gave him kudos for being a draw. And finally, I used the word 'spacker' to refer to people who watch Time Gentlemen Please & Mrs Browns Boys - which I apologised for immediately after using it.

c) We drew 3,490 at International Showdown in 2005, but whatever... 3000 is a good number - but I actually thought it was more & they beat Showdown by around 1000 people!?

Anyway - moving on...

Archived