WWE List: Failed Factions

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the latest episode of WWE List on the Network. It was on Failed Factions. All subjective but amongst their list was:

3 Count

MIA

PMS

3MB

J.O.B. Squad

bWo

Thoughts on the factions named? They did admit that the J.O.B squad weren't a failure because losing was their J.O.B. I reckon 3MB probably go into the same pot.

I liked 3 Count. They made something of three guys who'd otherwise just be more colourless cruiserweights. You can see the 3 count bit of the show on YouTube

Who should have been included? I'd definitely say The Corre. Coming off the original Nexus which was super-hot until they ruined it, The Corre was just the shittest follow-up of anything ever. Shit name, shit idea, did nothing, ruined Wade Barrett. What a load of shit.

Shit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Corre is definitely up there, especially when Barrett started going on about how they were equals and not a cult like New Nexus, everyone must have just thought 'you're equal with these shithouses?'

Think it's a bit unfair to call MIA a failure, the gimmick was Russo at his worst but it led to Hugh Morrus winning the US title, which was one of the few things to get a decent pop out of the crowd in the last 18 months of WCW

• Paid Members

The Corre were painful. Way more painful than any of them on The List.

Gotta say The List as a show is growing on me. At first I was just irritated they repackaged Countdown for no good reason. Despite note giving two hoots about Countdown I might add. But then they got Brian Quinn, Corey Taylor and my childhood crush Mellisa Joan Hart to talk about fun wrasslin stuff.

The New Day when they were briefly an odd rehash of the nation is a good but brief shout.

Putting the bwo at number 1 is a joke even the clips they used showed the crowd going nuts for them

Agree, not having bWo on the list let alone at number one.

X-Factor is the worst I can think of from WWF. Pity that list couldn't have TNA stables - they could probably do a 2 hour special on terrible TNA factions.

I remember in 2000 when Big Show, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, and Shane McMahon were briefly aligned. It must've only been two or three weeks in the Summer but they did some backstage skits and tagged together and stuff, I'm sure. They never had a name but I thought they could've been a cool little collective given the chance.

Legacy failed, surely? They could never settle on a line-up for more than a few weeks and no one remembers a fucking thing about them. Apart from being the reason for yet another DX reunion, I suppose. The Samoan lad and DiBiase Jr aren't even around any more.

I'd want to add the 'New' Nexus to this list as well. The Nexus as a group was in pretty bad shape before CM Punk took over but then it somehow got even shitter. Mcgillicutty and Harris were bland, Mason Ryan was green and David Otunga was David Otunga. The only thing I remember they did of note was each of them being punted by Randy Oration and shipped back to developmental.

• Paid Members

I'd want to add the 'New' Nexus to this list as well. The Nexus as a group was in pretty bad shape before CM Punk took over but then it somehow got even shitter. Mcgillicutty and Harris were bland, Mason Ryan was green and David Otunga was David Otunga. The only thing I remember they did of note was each of them being punted by Randy Oration and shipped back to developmental.

Top shout. There was a tweet on the crawler on the show mentioning the "New Nexus" and I'll be honest - They are so unmemorable that I thought the tweeter couldn't remember the name of the Corre!

Archived