WWE List: Failed Factions

tiger_rick

But when the "Greater Power" was revealed to be Vince it made the whole Union thing look pointless looking back. It was basically Vince V Shane but yet they were really working together. They really fucked that one up. And then the whole Corporate Ministry gimmick just faded away.  Was Jake the original choice to be the Greater Power at the time or was it just an internet rumour?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But when the "Greater Power" was revealed to be Vince it made the whole Union thing look pointless looking back. It was basically Vince V Shane but yet they were really working together. They really fucked that one up. And then the whole Corporate Ministry gimmick just faded away. Was Jake the original choice to be the Greater Power at the time or was it just an internet rumour?

I wouldn't say they faded away, the blow off to all the Corporation/Ministry/Corporate Ministry stuff was Austin v Taker at Fully Loaded, fair enough it was never stated they'd split up if Taker lost but given Vince was in charge and had to leave if Austin won it was near enough the same thing

Still one of my favourite matches ever that too, possibly the best crowd I've ever seen

After the reveal Vince and Shane went onto that ladder match at KOTR with Austin for control of the company. The Ministry didn't really have anything to do with that storyline. Sure the faction was still there but the story became watered down. And after Fully Loaded they paired Taker up with Big Show until he got injured in September and was out for 8 months. Then when Vince returned in September he and Shane were babyfaces again all of a sudden.

• Paid Members

Pity that list couldn't have TNA stables - they could probably do a 2 hour special on terrible TNA factions.

Good lord - S.E.X., Frontline, second version of M.E.M., Aces & Eights, World Elite (most frustrating thing about that one was it could've been quite good), Mexican America, Fourtune/Fortune, Immortal - all shit.

LAX and the original M.E.M. are the only ones that come to mind that might be considered memorable.

Legacy failed, surely? They could never settle on a line-up for more than a few weeks and no one remembers a fucking thing about them. Apart from being the reason for yet another DX reunion, I suppose. The Samoan lad and DiBiase Jr aren't even around any more.

Nah, they did settle on just Orton, Rhodes and DiBiase for a decent chunk of time. The early couple of months I found interesting, because they made it about Orton weeding out which 2nd/3rd generationers were shit, and they did have quite a good run of interference, along with Orton bullying the other two for some time until the climax at Mania. Not to mention Rhodes and DiBiase were in some of the best tags ever in their feud with DX - I keep going on about their SummerSlam match, but it really is that fuggin' good.

• Paid Members

I love La Boriquas, for some reason — it always seemed like they wanted to do something with Savio Vega, so they brought in some of his mates to make him look cooler and tougher by association. My only problem with the stable is that they make me into a racist — gather the lot of them together, and it looks like they're going to customize a car, or do a builder's clean.

I'd want to add the 'New' Nexus to this list as well. The Nexus as a group was in pretty bad shape before CM Punk took over but then it somehow got even shitter. Mcgillicutty and Harris were bland, Mason Ryan was green and David Otunga was David Otunga. The only thing I remember they did of note was each of them being punted by Randy Oration and shipped back to developmental.

Top shout. There was a tweet on the crawler on the show mentioning the "New Nexus" and I'll be honest - They are so unmemorable that I thought the tweeter couldn't remember the name of the Corre!

It's also telling how quickly they were completely forgotten. The last mention of them on screen was on Punk's ident during his Chicago MITB entrance. It was only about 4 weeks after that angle where they teased dissension between Punk and Mason Ryan, but even at the time it was like 'oh aye, he's got a stable hasn't he?'

IMG01280-20110717-2206-1024x768-300x225.

Archived