WWE.Com's Top 50 Talkers in Wrestling History

Liam O'Rourke

He was great on the mic as a heel but he could be very bland as a baby. That time he pretended Bret was coming out at a Raw in Canada is one of my favorite ever promos.

With the midget? Yeah that was money

Nah, the midget stuff was coked up Michaels just being an arse, I'm pretty sure it's this promo he meant (sorry if wrong)...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq9mks_shawn-michaels-heel-promo_sport

Some of the best heel promo work I've ever seen.

Never seen that, lost interest and missed pretty much 02-09 so cheers!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not on there as he's not that amazing a promo unless you like swearing and going "HA HA HA!" in between every other word.

but when he's swearing and going HA HA HA! he's fucking brilliant.

Douglas should be in there...if Taz is in there, Douglas should be.

• Paid Members

Yeah, let's try and discuss guys on their own merits rather than who could Koko their way onto the actual list.

I actually really liked Shane Douglas on the mic in ECW, second time around. It was the passion he put into his promos that convinced me that "The Franchise" actually was a guy that could be the big fish in a pond the size of ECW and I didn't mind him on top in the slightest. The promos went a long way towards that, because it sure as hell wasn't his matches. I could easily have viewed him as Dean Douglas getting ideas above his station, but I totally believed him went he was ranting about being the best. I quite liked his promo against Taz in the build for Guilty As Charged 1999 when he told Taz "the task is easier up north or down south" as preposterous as that sounds in hindsight. But he sounded like he believed every word, so I bought into him.

• Paid Members

Yeah Douglas, for his over reliance on swearing a lot had that great promo voice which helped him so convincing and pissed off. Occasionally he struck gold with it, especially in the ECW environment.

Yeah, let's try and discuss guys on their own merits rather than who could Koko their way onto the actual list.

I actually really liked Shane Douglas on the mic in ECW, second time around. It was the passion he put into his promos that convinced me that "The Franchise" actually was a guy that could be the big fish in a pond the size of ECW and I didn't mind him on top in the slightest. The promos went a long way towards that, because it sure as hell wasn't his matches. I could easily have viewed him as Dean Douglas getting ideas above his station, but I totally believed him went he was ranting about being the best. I quite liked his promo against Taz in the build for Guilty As Charged 1999 when he told Taz "the task is easier up north or down south" as preposterous as that sounds in hindsight. But he sounded like he believed every word, so I bought into him.

My favourite Douglas promo was really OTT on the un-necessary swearing, but the message he as the old timer - despite only being 34 years old at the time - was giving to the arrogant young up-&-comer Justin Credible was excellent.

(Copied from the "Great Wrestling Transcripts" topic which is in UKFF Gold):

"You fucking pussy!

There's a long and storied story that starts at that front door.

When Terry Funk walked through that door six years ago,

he knew his job was to take Shane Douglas and make him a fucking Franchise.

And every single person that's walked through that door in the last six years

has become nothing more than a notch in my belt, Justin Credible.

Now if you think that you, punk, if you think that you are gonna make me a notch in your belt?

You got another thing coming, motherfucker.

You see: one thing I specialized my whole career. Whether North, South or right here.

I've known when to cross over the fucking line.

Hey Justin: There's a fucking line, motherfucker, right in the middle of the ring.

If you're man enough, step the fuck over it".

• Paid Members

Sting makes it onto my list, but only because of how incredible he was for a short run between the nWo debut and going into the rafters. I've made practically everyone I know listen to the promo he cut just before heading off into the rafters.

I don't rate Sting as a promo in general, but his "stick it" speech the night after Fall Brawl is one of my favourite promos ever. In fact, it's one of my favourite segments of any kind in wrestling telly, ever. I loved the storyline and Sting walking away when they needed him most was a massive kick in the balls, and he gave that monologue the conviction it needed. Just fantastic. As a WCW fan, you sit there thinking "..... Shit, what happens now?"

Archived