Mania clobber (and entrances too)

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

One of my favourite things about Mania is the potenital for over the top entrances and new attire being debuted. With the build for Wrestlemania 31 being pretty underwhelming, more than ever, we could do with some top Mania clobber to look forward to.

Will Sting be wearing a new singlet/shirt?

Will HHH break out his Conan outfit again?

Will Brock get some new biker shorts?

All important questions that are far more exciting than the multiple hosts ladder match for me.

So who has had the best/worst new attire for a Wrestlemania? I would like to start with some love for this truly magnificent robe Ric Flair debuted in his LAST EVER MATCH!! (I'm not counting TNA or the Hulk tour).

tumblr_lg0sqx6_Tuo1qbbylao1_400.jpg

Thought it was fantastic that he debuted and (I presume) spent money on this, in the belief that it would be worn once. That's dedication.

Shawn Michaels on the other hand can fuck right off. Tramptastic.

Shawn_Michaels_Farewell_display_image.jp

He's wearing almost indenticle trousers to the previous year and had his stupid Gumby hat in the entrance. Contrary to the conventional wisdom that Shawn/Taker were both a year older in the 2nd Mania match and that is what made it not live up to the 1st, I believe it was largely down to Shawn wearing the same trousers.

So, what is your favourite/least favourite Mania clobber and what are you hoping for this Sunday?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wish more of them would go the extra mile at Mania, really adds to the occasion I feel. Even a little touch, like The Rock having his trunk design in gold for the first tube at WM16 and Michaels' WM12 clobber. Rey Rey always had something decent up his sleeve for Mania, was always good to see what he'd turn up as each year.

I hope we get big entrances for the Rusev/Cena, Taker/Wyatt and HHH/Sting matches. They are definitely big entrance wrestlers. Triple H, Undertaker and Cena have had some tremendous entrances over the past ten years, Cena is really overdue a blinder.

I wish more of them would go the extra mile at Mania, really adds to the occasion I feel. Even a little touch, like The Rock having his trunk design in gold for the first tube at WM16 and Michaels' WM12 clobber. Rey Rey always had something decent up his sleeve for Mania, was always good to see what he'd turn up as each year.

I hope we get big entrances for the Rusev/Cena, Taker/Wyatt and HHH/Sting matches. They are definitely big entrance wrestlers. Triple H, Undertaker and Cena have had some tremendous entrances over the past ten years, Cena is really overdue a blinder.

This.

I hope they go OTT with the entrances and costumes this year, more so after watching Wrestling Isn't Wrestling.

Cena hasn't done his usual fanfare entrance these past few manias has he? Can see that changing this time though and going all out patriotic american.

Yeah. Last was XXVII with the Gospel Choir. XXVIII preceded with the God Awful Machine Gun Kelly I don't really count as one for some reason.

Anyway, my favourite is Triple H from WrestleMania 22 with Motörhead's King Of Kings which I prefer by miles to The Game. He has had some pretty badass ones.

• Moderators

Yeah, I love a good overblown Mania entrance.

HHHs big entrances are always best. Sadly I don't think we'll get any Conan shenanigans (Conanigans?) from him this year.

I think Rusev's should be good though. I hope they go really all out. Monochrome red lighting, Russian dirge marching music; like some of that Georgian chanting style singing over the top of his blaring horns would work well, wind cannon blowing in his face, soldiers with rifles. RUSEV CRUSH!

I fucking love Rusev. That match is my Mania Main Event.

I still want to see Undertaker or HHH ride to the ring on a horse.

I love wrestlemania special entrances, I wish everyone did something special. It would be fitting for the buildup this year if everyone came out exactly as normal though.

I think they ruled this out because of health and safety - one because a horse could get spooked with all that noise and throw off the rider (wouldn't take alot to throw Undi's hip out) and two the animal rights people would throw a shit-fit if that horse got injured and Vince doesn't need that kind of publicity.

One that stands out for me is Undertaker's outfit for WrestleMania 13. Him coming out in the black and grey was unexpected. I just remember thinking he was wearing the same outfit he wore when he won the strap the first time. It added something to proceedings.

Entrances wise HBKs WrestleMania 12 will always be the stand out for me. But Undertaker's chariot at WrestleMania IX was pretty awesome. On the more subtle side fo things was Austin's screen shatter entrance from WrestleMania 13 and Kane's ladders on firs entrance from WrestleMania 21.

Archived