Mania clobber (and entrances too)

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

So what's the general feeling on the Terminator entrance then? The HHH outfit looked cheap as fuck, I think, but you cant go wrong with Arnie and skeletons. As a general rule, Arnie and metal skeletons cant be knocked. And that Terminator theme could be set to animals getting murdered and it wouldnt fail to lighten the mood.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved it so much that I worried it might have turned Triple H into the babyface against Sting, especially as he was clearly going for a face response when he got up on the turnbuckle and spent about 20 minutes whipping the crowd up.

The actual Terminator Conan outfit he was wearing was hilarious though. Proper laugh out loud stuff. And then the severed Terminator heads. I hope he keeps adding more and more Arnie movies to his entrance. Mr Freeze from Batman & Robin next year please.

• Paid Members

I thought it was great, can't believe so many people hate it. It's not meant to be clever or probably even that symbolic really, it's just a hammed-up OTT entrance that helps his mate Arnie too. I love OTT entrances on the big stage.

Rusev's however was a different class. Perhaps the best I've ever seen. From Russian anthem playing as the soldiers were carrying the flag behind Lana, too the cannons firing, to the Kremlin visual on the stage to RUSEV ARRIVING IN A FUCKING TANK

• Awards Moderator

I thought Tripinator was hilarious, but cool at the same time. Proper wrestling razzmatazz that. I think the robot arms were the only mistake. Rusev's won the show though. That red jacket made it.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the huge purple welt on Triple H's left thigh - I wondered if the "steam" from the rising podia had scalded his skin or similar? Or was it the barricade bump?

EDIT: Not the best image, but.... I just went and checked and it's not visible as he climbs into the ring.

uIrpYt6.png

Why did he have the Terminator heads? Isn't he supposed to be a Terminator himself? Why's he knocking about with his mates heads?

Maybe he's a reporgrammed Babyface Terminator like Arnie in T2 or T3, or Summer Glau in the short lived TV series. 

Or the Terminators were all Babyfaces and Trips was murdering their progress like always*

*© 2003 Internet Wrestling Community.

• Paid Members

I absolutely loved the HHH entrance. I think someone alluded to this in another thread that it actually did make perfect sense in the context of the HHH character, in that he is deluded and can do whatever the fuck he wants in his position of power. In his mind, I bet he thought he looked like the coolest guy in the world. Cena's could have been considerably better, although George Bush jnr. had serious heel heat in the pub I was in when he appeared in the preamble video, genuinely think only Reigns got a more negative reaction.

Rusev's entrance was the greatest I have ever seen. Tanks, pyro and the best national anthem in the world. Stupendous.

Loads of the roster also did bother getting new attire which made things seem even better. Seth Rollins gold trim gear, Randy Orton wearing red trunks, Lana's new suit. It shouldn't matter to me, but it does. I get the feeling it's a hangover from the older Smackdown games where I was 10 years old and incredibly excited to unlock everyones new clobber for some reason.

• Paid Members

I loved it so much I'm almost embarrassed.

I had more tears in my eyes watching HHH come out with a Terminator gimmick than I did when Connor the Crusher got inducted into the HOF. Mania special entrances are one of my favourite things in wrestling and the Terminator is pretty much my favourite thing ever. The only reason I don't think it's the best thing I've ever seen is because nothing will ever top Terminator combining with Guns n Roses when I was 11. The only way HHH can top it is if next year he comes out as Batman with massive tits.

• Paid Members

I loved it so much I'm almost embarrassed.

I had more tears in my eyes watching HHH come out with a Terminator gimmick than I did when Connor the Crusher got inducted into the HOF. Mania special entrances are one of my favourite things in wrestling and the Terminator is pretty much my favourite thing ever. The only reason I don't think it's the best thing I've ever seen is because nothing will ever top Terminator combining with Guns n Roses when I was 11. The only way HHH can top it is if next year he comes out as Batman with massive tits.

Is there any way they can induct Adam West into the Hall of Fame? I want to see this, preferably with:

playing in background, maybe with "HUNTER" instead of "Batman" for lyrics.

• Paid Members

The only reason I don't think it's the best thing I've ever seen is because...

...there's still time for somebody to dress up as a bear in their entrance and punch a woman ala Nicolas Cage in The Wicker Man.

Archived