Silver Vision Memories

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Still baffles me how well those darn Diva things sold.

It's because whenever there was a sale on, people would go up to their budget on Tagged Classics, and then chuck a Divas DVD on there because they were £1.99

Undressed is better than South of the Border, by the way.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• Paid Members

I never saw any in all my time there and we never sold any in my time. It was very much against their policy to delete titles, always producing more no matter how long it took to sell them, so it would be very out of character to delete that one. However, many moons ago, way before I started working there, I'm sure I remember seeing a WBF video being sold in a second hand video shop.

Only one that was released over here was the WBF Pay Per View in 1991.

World Bodybuilding Federation Championship, The - Premier Event [1991] [VHS]
Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I think the Silver Vision promo video in ingrained in my memory. Question, I always heard there was a second SV promo video sometime around 1992. Is that true because I've never seen it.

Yeah there was a second one. It was basically made up of clips from Survivor Series 91 and WrestleMania VIII, with the same fantastic music as the original. But there was no "so if it's bodyslams, side suplexes..." bloke talking on it.

Both Silver Vision intros are in this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=4fOmJSw2mPg

Second one starts around 2:05.

Edited by wandshogun09

Below is the second ever incarnation of the SV website (third if you include changing the name from wwfvideo.co.uk to silvervision.co.uk), which is very similar to the first, just that I changed the navigation buttons when I started work there. I also added a short lived section called Classic Videos where I chose a couple of old releases and wrote a bit about them. A precursor to the blog that came years later.

duZLFnS.jpg

The second image is of a competition on the website, to win Divas in Hedonsim on video. Note the NTLWorld email address, as I worked from home initially, and getting my work email address set up there proved a problem for some reason. The Divas titles did sell fairly well, though less so as time went on, for obvious reasons. We used to get some interesting questions from potential customers, asking about the varying levels of undress of the Divas on these videos!

NscJgcz.jpg

Any of the competition winners listed there post on UKFF?

Edited by Midnight Zeus

• Paid Members

Yeah there was a second one. It was basically made up of clips from Survivor Series 91 and WrestleMania VIII, with the same fantastic music as the original.

And SummerSlam '91, and Rumble '92.

The first one was comprised of clips from (in chronological order) : WrestleMania III, Survivor Series 1988, SummerSlam 89 and UK Rampage (91).

Several of the 1993 releases also had an extraordinarily generic video at the start which was taken from WWF TV at the time which was a mix of clips of wrestlers entering the ring and and action shots - IRS doing the Write-Off, Headshrinkers finishing a jobber etc - with the word at the bottom of the screen rapidly changing from "World" to "Wrestling" to "Federation" over and over again and ending with the WWF logo rotating vertically. It was a bit naff compared to Bodyslams, Side Suplexes, Clotheslines, Dropkicks and Powerslams.