Silver Vision Memories

Onyx2

How were sales for the Raw best of season 1 and 2 DVDs?

I thought these would have flown of the shelves? Something fans had wanted for a while yet only '93 and '94 sets were released.

How much of an effect do you think The Network would have had on Silver Vision if it were still around today?

The initial release sold really well, but the Tagged Classics re-release not so much. I think most people who wanted it, had it by then, and probably preferred the oversized DVD pack that contained them originally.

As for the Network, I can only theorise that it would have had a significant impact. A small minority would seek out the full DVD/Blu-ray set after seeing a documentary, but I'm guessing the vast majority would need no more than the Network from here on out. There will still be a market for the physical product for quite some time, but an ever decreasing one.

Edited by Midnight Zeus

I hear from the WWEDVD.co.uk people that things were bad before the Network, let alone now.

I think thats also a combination of the quality of product and also that the new company aint that great.

I bought pretty much every release Silver Vision put out including every PPV. I would put an order through, on a whim, about 5pm and Id get the DVDs next morning. The customer service from you guys was 2nd to none. Silver Vision was always the cheapest place to get DVDs from too.

The website was a great place to visit too, you could tell the company was run by wrestling fans, thats why people miss it so much.

• Paid Members

....and great service as they arrived in 2-3 days.

I think it was the Randy Savage boxed set that I ordered at about six in the evening, and received the next morning. I can't remember any SV order ever taking more than 2 days to get here.

I hear from the WWEDVD.co.uk people that things were bad before the Network, let alone now.

I think thats also a combination of the quality of product and also that the new company aint that great.

I bought pretty much every release Silver Vision put out including every PPV. I would put an order through, on a whim, about 5pm and Id get the DVDs next morning. The customer service from you guys was 2nd to none. Silver Vision was always the cheapest place to get DVDs from too.

The website was a great place to visit too, you could tell the company was run by wrestling fans, thats why people miss it so much.

Yeah these are pretty much my memories too. Wish I'd have taken more advantage of the company whilst they were here.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone eh?

Fantastic thread this. Like everybody else on here I was a massive fan of Silver Vision and must have bought loads over the years.

Just a question regarding editing then, I might be talking complete bollocks but was there a problem with something on The Ultimate Ric Flair collection involving a plastic bag that had to be removed? Again, I could be talking complete nonsense but I'm sure I remember reading this somewhere.

• Awards Moderator

....and great service as they arrived in 2-3 days.

I think it was the Randy Savage boxed set that I ordered at about six in the evening, and received the next morning.

That's great to hear, but I genuinely don't know how that's possible!

• Moderators

Fantastic thread this. Like everybody else on here I was a massive fan of Silver Vision and must have bought loads over the years.

Just a question regarding editing then, I might be talking complete bollocks but was there a problem with something on The Ultimate Ric Flair collection involving a plastic bag that had to be removed? Again, I could be talking complete nonsense but I'm sure I remember reading this somewhere.

I assume it was when Terry Funk suffocated Ric Flair with one in '89.

Brilliant thread, and the service was second to none. I mean were you guys overstaffed at the packaging end, or just uber efficient?

I remember seeing a couple of the Italian mag/DVDs. First one Was definitely JBL, second was perhaps Big Show. Nice novelty.