Silver Vision Memories

Onyx2

Are you able to provide some sort of statistics for the amounts of units sold per title? I think it would be quite interesting to see what superstar titles sold best or what people were buying in general.

Ive spent my fair share buying from Silvervision, like I imagine most of us on here have. Any stories of any 'mentalist' customers?

Couldn't give actual sales figures, but as time went on sales of individual titles got less and less. WrestleMania always did well, Royal Rumble as well, but to a lesser extent. The first Bret Hart and Undertaker 3 disc DVD sets were up there as the best selling non PPV titles, with CM Punk doing incredible business in the relatively short time we had it. Any time a Hulk Hogan DVD was released it did big business, with The Hulk Hogan Anthology only being outdone on the first week of release by WrestleMania 22 back in 2006, even beating the Royal Rumble. To answer your question Ian, I don't believe anything beat that Warrior VHS in the UK.

Edited by Midnight Zeus

What a great thread and a great read. That screenshot took me back, i used to check the website more or less every day, Silver vision sales were amazing

Okay i have a question and a bone to pick (tongue firmly in cheek of course) but I loved the tagged classics (who never?) so why didn't you release the PERFECT Tagged classic of the British Bulldogs and The Davey Boy releases from early 90s? To me that was a Tagged Classic that would have been a sure hit with the UK fanbase

• Awards Moderator

The only seller that eclipsed Tombstone in my time was Raw 15th Anniversary. Hyyuuuuge numbers.

We can't remember sales figures from specific titles but we printed about 2,000 of a web exclusive title, 15,000 of a B-level PPV, 20 - 35,000 of a WrestleMania / A-grade superstar title (with the idea being that they would last a couple of years in shops and online before selling out. Reprinting is a horrendously expensive business).

We did plenty that got us in bother with WWE. Can't recall any of them right now but it's usually us stepping over the line. There was also a rule about only using sanctioned photography of superstars. There was a 4 page document on what a Diva was supposed to look like. You would get the untouched studio pictures and had to ensure there was no stray hairs, no wrinkles, no muffin-tops etc. I once took the 'cleanup' layer off of a WWE-produced Michelle McCool picture... sheesh.

With which Tagged Classics were released and what weren't, in order to produce them the Silver Vision masters had to be available from the VHS release. If we didn't have the master, we couldn't make it. Unfortunately a whole bunch of master tapes were destroyed by a flood when they were in storage, and accounts for a lot of titles not being re-released. WWE had a QC process, and the release had to be of a certain video quality to be released.

Superstar Billy Graham - in total BBFC wanted to take 15 minutes of footage out, and we thought that compromised the title too much so chose not to release it.

Christ, what were they looking to cut??  Considering what had been released without issue it's incredible that a title made up of archive footage would demand so many cuts.

With which Tagged Classics were released and what weren't, in order to produce them the Silver Vision masters had to be available from the VHS release. If we didn't have the master, we couldn't make it. Unfortunately a whole bunch of master tapes were destroyed by a flood when they were in storage, and accounts for a lot of titles not being re-released. WWE had a QC process, and the release had to be of a certain video quality to be released.

Is that what happened to Year in Review 92? :(