I miss yooouuuuu

DoinkBrah

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss Shane McMahon and I hate that his last big run was spent standing next to Vince, not saying anything, and hardly ever even being referenced by name in that awful DX feud. Shane was a brilliant talker as a babyface or a heel, and I thought there could have been genuine mileage in him as a full-time wrestler around the time of Mania X7. The boss's son trying to cast off his family privilege and prove his own worth would've written itself, but then the WCW buyout happened and the moment was gone.

The Super Shane comebacks against Orton and Kane were largely shite, though more because of the booking than anything to do with Shane's performance (his girly punches notwithstanding). He'd still get a monster pop coming out to oppose Triple H and Stephanie on Raw these days.

• Paid Members

I miss JR. Puppy killing miserable git he may be but he's the best commentator ever in my book and adds so much to every broadcast he does. Even at that New Japan thing a while back he could barely pronounce any of the wrestlers names but still managed to get everything over and entertain. Michael Cole and JBL make WWE TV pretty painful to watch these days.

• Paid Members

Its more to do with who is producing the announcers, more than how good they are. Its why during the years when they didnt give a fuck about Smackdown, they had the best announcers. Amazing to think in 2002/03 Tazz and Michael Cole were being compared with actual sports announcers when Heyman was in their ear telling them the direction to go. Tazz and Cole were an excellent partnership at the time. The commentary is the way it is because that is how they want the commentary to be in 2015. They want them chatting among each other and long moments of silence and shit jokes. JBL and Michael Cole were a fantastic pair on the headsets in 2007.

So if I miss anything, it would probably the days when the WWE didnt have a hard on for the announcers making the fans feel at home with shite general chit chat and rotten gags.

The current commentary is awful, but JR was fucking shit too. Commentary in WWE has been all-round unbearable for years now.

Fucking bollocks. He seems to be a right tit behind the gimmick but he's a brilliant announcer when he's motivated. It was really jarring how the show instantly became more watchable when JR came out to call a match on the 1,000th episode a couple of years back.

For me I really miss, Sensational Sherri and Miss Elizabeth. I watched Sherri's hall of fame induction recently and she was wild, fun but most of all passionate and that kind of passion is really missing in wrestling these days. She seemed like an amazing and really genuine person so yeah I miss her and Miss Elizabeth well she was just plain lovely and iv always had they impression that if it weren't for the demons of the wrestling business she would still be here probably married with kids. Her death was a true tragedy of wrestling, she got sucked in and spat out. I always got the feeling she never really wanted to be in the business, she often seemed lost at ringside and in over her head in they over the top world of wrestling.

Bobby Heenan is a miss as well, he was one of they most charismatic and entertaining personalities the wrestling business has ever produced.

I also miss Kerry Von Eric, he seemed such a troubled soul another wrestling tragedy, along with they other Von Eric brothers.

I miss Shane McMahon and I hate that his last big run was spent standing next to Vince, not saying anything, and hardly ever even being referenced by name in that awful DX feud. Shane was a brilliant talker as a babyface or a heel, and I thought there could have been genuine mileage in him as a full-time wrestler around the time of Mania X7. The boss's son trying to cast off his family privilege and prove his own worth would've written itself, but then the WCW buyout happened and the moment was gone.

The Super Shane comebacks against Orton and Kane were largely shite, though more because of the booking than anything to do with Shane's performance (his girly punches notwithstanding). He'd still get a monster pop coming out to oppose Triple H and Stephanie on Raw these days.

Always wish they had went with the two brands idea during the Invasion with Shane running a brand. Some of the risks he took as well for someone who didn't really wrestle much were superb.

I always thought the opposite in regards to Shane and his occasional crazy bumps. He could afford to take them cos he wasn't getting beat up on the road all year round, or worried about losing his spot if he got injured and had to be off TV for a few months.

it's mad to think of how Kurt Angle... he understood...psychology so damn well

But he didn't. His grasp of ring psychology was his flaw. He's an Olympic Gold Medal Wrestler, so why would he have passages of matwork in which he'd come off second best?

Because he won a gold medal in amateur wrestling, it's a whole different ballgame when you step up to the pros.

I see your point though. It's funny, I hesitated when writing that bit about Angle, because I know in recent years he's had a lot of matches that just rely on the dramatic kickouts and finishers etc, but I feel like he had that reigned in more in WWE and had enough great matches with the likes of Michaels, Guerrero and Lesnar to justify the comment.

I don't think it's so much a case of being more "reigned in" during his WWE career, more a case of his body falling to bits so he has relied on shortcuts more as his career went on. With all the stories about how knackered he is, it's amazing he was able to carry on putting out the quality he did. As time went on he just had to rely more on false finishes.

Angle is one of the masters of making other people look good while creating the big match feel. Not many people can touch him in that category

Attitude Era Kane.

Kane has always been my favourite wrestler and his initial run scared the fuck out of me. He truly was a monster. And to see what he has become now, makes me wish even more that we still had the Demon Kane. Not some shitty watered down version either, but the original Kane.

And not a wrestler but I miss an entertaining tag team division. 

Archived