I miss yooouuuuu

DoinkBrah

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Lawler vs Miz exposed how big the gulf in talent is between the territory and post-territory wrestlers. A barely mobile Lawler pulled Miz to one of the best matches of the past 15 years.

I don't think you can compare Lawler to most people. He's barely mobile now but he's wrestling pretty much the exact same speed and style he did when he was in his prime. Lawler has always been able to have a great match with a broomstick while doing very little, very few are on his level. I don't think it's a case of territory vs post-territory, he's one of the all time greats.

• Paid Members

Shelton Benjamin in WWE. Pretty much guaranteed to have a good match with whoever you put him against, and his match vs. HBK in 2005 was an instant classic.

I don't miss him but I'd like to see him back now. Just to have anyone different in that mid-card. probably be fed up of him in 6 weeks though.

Lawler vs Miz exposed how big the gulf in talent is between the territory and post-territory wrestlers. A barely mobile Lawler pulled Miz to one of the best matches of the past 15 years. I often wonder who out of the most recent generations would have made it as a champion in the territories. Cena, Michaels, HHH, Undertaker.

Try all of them. 

I don't think you can compare Lawler to most people. He's barely mobile now but he's wrestling pretty much the exact same speed and style he did when he was in his prime. Lawler has always been able to have a great match with a broomstick while doing very little, very few are on his level. I don't think it's a case of territory vs post-territory, he's one of the all time greats.

True.

Try all of them. 

I obviously worded that post poorly. I was suggesting that those four could have made it.

Archived