I miss yooouuuuu

DoinkBrah

Having recently signed up to the network, I began watching a few of the documentaries, and watched Edge's one and really enjoyed it.

After watching it I remembered how good a performer he was and how much of a fan I was of him, but more importantly how much I miss him being on WWE T.V.

So question for you guys...

Who do you miss and why?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I miss CM Punk. It's 100% down to emotional investment. For a long time, he was my favourite guy in WWE. When he was challenging for/defending the title on and off for the last 6 months of 2011 and into 2012 it was great to have someone to cheer for at the top end of the card again. It's always better when you give a shit as to whether your favourite guy wins or loses, and I haven't had much of that since Punk left.

I watched Flair doc yesterday so my choice is Flair.

My Flair years were 01-08 (the old Flair years) but f*ck me he was so bloody good. The fueding GM angle with Vince, the clusterfucky Austin/nWo angle, his series with Jericho, the alliance with Triple HHH (Hi Wooly!) mentoring Batista, the formation of Evolution and the crazy old grandad role he played, getting Batista over huge (with HHH) in the run up to Mania 21, turning face and winning the IC! The HHH fued which is so underrated, a MITB appearance, the Foley fued, getting anihilated by Rated RKO, winning the tag title with Piper,ok the Carlito mentor angle was shite, selling the Khali vice grip, the "career threatening match" stip which got us matches vs Vince (including a Flair splash thru a table!), HHH, MVP, Kennedy and finally that match against Michaels.

Now all that doesnt even compare to Flairs golden/vintage/greatest ever run in the NWA i know but old Flair was the bollocks.

My Flair years were 01-08 (the old Flair years) but f*ck me he was so bloody good. The fueding GM angle with Vince, the clusterfucky Austin/nWo angle, his series with Jericho, the alliance with Triple HHH (Hi Wooly!) mentoring Batista, the formation of Evolution and the crazy old grandad role he played, getting Batista over huge (with HHH) in the run up to Mania 21, turning face and winning the IC! The HHH fued which is so underrated, a MITB appearance, the Foley fued, getting anihilated by Rated RKO, winning the tag title with Piper,ok the Carlito mentor angle was shite, selling the Khali vice grip, the "career threatening match" stip which got us matches vs Vince (including a Flair splash thru a table!), HHH, MVP, Kennedy and finally that match against Michaels.

Now all that doesnt even compare to Flairs golden/vintage/greatest ever run in the NWA i know but old Flair was the bollocks.

Wasn't there a ladder match with Big Show for the ECW title at some point as well? Late 2006 I suppose it would have been? I remember loving that. Would've seemed insane that we'd ever get that match with that stipulation for that belt ten years earlier.

You made all that sound so much better than I remember it being. Would actually like to watch of his stuff from that run again tbh.

I miss the Undertakers Streak if that counts. Mania doesn't seem as special without it.

Wasn't there a ladder match with Big Show for the ECW title at some point as well? Late 2006 I suppose it would have been? I remember loving that. Would've seemed insane that we'd ever get that match with that stipulation for that belt ten years earlier.

That rings a bell but cant be sure but u have reminded me of the ladder (or may have been TLC) match for the Edges WWE Title in Jan 2006, that was epic, i thought he was going to win!!!

You made all that sound so much better than I remember it being. Would actually like to watch of his stuff from that run again tbh.

I miss the Undertakers Streak if that counts. Mania doesn't seem as special without it.

It could be the nostalgia that has got me markin' lyrical about Naich but there is definately a few there that you will enjoy.

Oh yeah, his Taker match at Mania eve tho that was all Arn haha.

• Moderators

If we're talking "crazy old man Flair" years you missed one of the best bits - him in the game of musical chairs when Eugene was GM for the week.

I love old man Flair as well. It was around that time that I read his autobiography and then sought out and watched all his old matches and promos too. So naturally I just thought everything he did was gold. (I was correct).

There's loads of wrestlers that I loved, but I can't think that I "miss" them in the way that I would want to come back except for Punk. Guys like Edge and HBK did their time and I loved them, but I don't "miss" them as such.

It is more that I miss the role they played in the show. Ditto with Angle - I did miss him for a long time, but don't want him back now. But I would love someone new that can do what he did.

Jack Tunney.

yeah I know he is long dead but a similar well meaning but utterly useless authority figure that only showed up when something big went down would be a nice change of pace from the usual routine.

Watching old Superstars and he was ace when he stormed out during a show and suspended Danny Davies.

Probably those nostalgia glasses though.

• Paid Members

The Big Boss Man - Watching The Big Show take his sweet time to do fuck all as the authorities henchman has me longing for the days when it was the man from Cobb County who was delivering justice on behalf of the gaffer. Handcuffed to the ropes, Nightstick to the breadbasket, you didn't want to cross the boss. Since when did a chokeslam start to stink the house out? 

That's just after he became a dirty cop, his work on the right side of the thin blue line was just as solid. Delivered the goods in both of WWF's best eras. There's a long line of chumps guilty of impersonating Pro Wrestlers nowadays who need to be taken in for questioning. 

I miss Davey Boy Smith the British Bulldog.

1) he kinda was the catalyst for me getting seriously into wrestling following his SummerSlam 92 era stuff.

2)His promos always made me laugh on account of how terrible each and every one of them were, so I miss the laughs me and my mates used to get imitating him.

Archived